• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Danny Manning Campaign

So, I'm of the opinion that Wake basketball should be completely boycotted at this point.

Any fan that goes to another game at the Joel while Manning is coach is giving aid and comfort to Wellman. Anyone donating to Wake sports in any way is supporting the status quo.

Is this too far? I know there were few fans at the game today, but there is very little we can do other than completely withholding our support.

No, it's not too far. My first post in September 2013 stated I would forgo donations or attendance at any WFU functions until Ron Wellman was gone. I'm still waiting. Apparently the only thing that concerns the powers that be at Wake is money and the veneer of support. Supply neither and someone might notice.

guess what im trying to say is the performance this team has put forth today is just as embarrasing as losing to this crap program...you cant possibly feel good about a single digit win against a program that is one of the worse inD1

Unless you're team is actually good -- cuz bad games happen -- there is nothing positive to be gleaned from a single-digit win at home against any team outside the Kenpom top 150, hell, 125 for that matter. If you're team is good, aka actually capable of winning 60% of its games in the ACC. When's the last time that happened though? Why would anyone have anything beyond "polite" hope, as in hoping for the best, when deep down, you know Wellman already committed the biggest sin of hiring sins, in hiring his back-end friend because he once beat Wake Forest when he inherited a good team at the AFA? Dino must be laughing his ass off, whilst also shedding a tear for the absolute destruction of his best friend's legacy.

Back