• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pre-game and half-time fly-over.

raldeac

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
No mention on the stadium PA of the 6 plane fly-over performed both pre-game and at half-time. Nice of whoever those guys(?) were. I don't think I missed an announcement. Bad etiquette there WF.

Did any of them, per chance, have any banners attached? Anything beginning with the letters... "Wel..."

No mention on the stadium PA of the 6 plane fly-over performed both pre-game and at half-time. Nice of whoever those guys(?) were. I don't think I missed an announcement. Bad etiquette there WF.

Sorry, but it was kind of lame. It you want to have a real flyover, then find some fighter planes and have them buzz the scoreboard. When they first flew over they were at about 1000 feet. Too high and no noise. Sort of pointless. Their circling the stadium was better.

^True, It was not a big show or attention getter. However, not to recognize or thank them is more lame.

Sorry, but it was kind of lame. It you want to have a real flyover, then find some fighter planes and have them buzz the scoreboard. When they first flew over they were at about 1000 feet. Too high and no noise. Sort of pointless. Their circling the stadium was better.

Something like this?

How about this one? To be fair, it's more of a fly through

Don't want to start a separate topic, but the band seemed incredibly small to me, it's never been big but when I graduated in 2000 we were over 100 members, but today it liked like no more than 50.

Thought the same at Homecoming. Seemed like the cheerleaders plus dance team were almost as big.

Something like this?

Not sure if there is video of the flyover before our Orange Bowl appearance but I just about shat myself. First immediate thought was Wake has made the Orange Bowl and WWIII has broken out.

Not sure if there is video of the flyover before our Orange Bowl appearance but I just about shat myself. First immediate thought was Wake has made the Orange Bowl and WWIII has broken out.

Agree. they were about 100 feet over the top of the stadium buzzing through the dark night and then they were on us.

Was anyone at the Army home game 8-10 years or so ago? That was really low too- it's incredible to witness in person.

fly over ???

Was anyone at the Army home game 8-10 years or so ago? That was really low too- it's incredible to witness in person.

It was more like fly thru the stadium!! My seats were half way up and I barely tilted my head. They were well below the lights. I wonder if any of the pilots knew Grobe from his Air Force days.

I was, I think it was in 2007 and I agree, it was amazing

I remember an Apache maybe 10 years. That thing was scary.

I thought the flyover was fine. This wasn't exactly bthegame of the century But agree some mention by PA was in order.

Those old fly-overs were awesome. Good to see a replay above.
But, at the time, some of those were SO LOW that the services prevented them with minimum level rules. I went to the WF vs Navy, at Annapolis, game right after some of those and the fly-over was so high, non-jet, it was basically worthless/disappointing in comparison. Don't know if the rules have been relaxed since. It can be an awesome experience, very worthy to salute the fly-boys and services.
As the sign at Cherry Point, NC says -- "The Sound of Freedom".

Last edited:
Agree. they were about 100 feet over the top of the stadium buzzing through the dark night and then they were on us.

one of the most terrifyingly awesome experiences of my life

Back