• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Abbreviated KP Report on Valpo - Sunday 10:30 am ESPNU

If Chaundee can be a scrapper strong defender and garbage rebound bucket man who can hit a wide open three, that will be good.

Offensively through four games Brown has been trash.

Chill has been very good on offense. Not sure what you’re evaluating on if you’re basing it solely off this year

It might help if Chill got him the ball. He is shooting 41.7% on threes and 7/8 on FTs.

It might help if Chill got him the ball. He is shooting 41.7% on threes and 7/8 on FTs.

The message to BChill seems to be get the ball to Hoard. That moves Brown down in the order of options. BChill himself seems to be the second scoring option. Mucius is moving up and may be #3 right now, but could become #2 shortly. That makes Chaundee the 4th or 5th option on offense. Depends on where you put Sarr in the pecking order. Chaundee won't see the ball much in either of those positions.

If you move the ball often, more people will get better looks and the offense will work more efficiently. We aren't doing that.

Brown is shooting 32%,rebounds 2.8 and has more turnovers than assists. Also, his defense is not very good either.

His defense has been solid...He is shooting threes well and his motor is needed.

Rj, I’ve attended our scrimmage and home game plus watched all of the Conway games. Brown has shot 3s well but not been a stat stuffer to say the least. Best wishes to him getting untracked.

If Chaundee can be a scrapper strong defender and garbage rebound bucket man who can hit a wide open three, that will be good.

For the old guys, chaundee’s role model should be Bruce Dalrymple.

I didnt say that, although Brown started almost every game and played a lot more live minutes than Sarr last year. I said Brown and Chill have the most experience and arent really playing that great. Disappointing..

Except you literally did say that Chaundee had more experience it the system than Sarr. By saying that Chaundee has “the most”, it means more than Sarr.

I am more down on Chill and Chaundee at this point. They have the most experience in the system and are underwhelming..

I’m not sure why some are giving Sarr a pass on his shitty play. He’s clearly been significantly less productive than Childress.

The only things I've said he's done well are 3s, FTs, defense and motor. The latter two don't show up in stat sheet.

One thing I haven't liked is the low energy. We need that energy desperately.

I didnt say that, although Brown started almost every game and played a lot more live minutes than Sarr last year. I said Brown and Chill have the most experience and arent really playing that great. Disappointing.

Im not playing positionless bball. I dont think Chill can play the 5. If he could he would be in best 5 lineup. Agree Sarr isnt one of our best 5 overall players, but I think the best lineup has him in it. I think we will get murdered in the acc with Hoard at the 5 more than a few minutes.

Sarr has a long way to go, but he is our best option down low, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Chill is our second best player right now, our offense would be shit without him.

The only things I've said he's done well are 3s, FTs, defense and motor. The latter two don't show up in stat sheet.

One thing I haven't liked is the low energy. We need that energy desperately.

He’s 1-for-3 from 3 over four games. If you’re including last year, he’s 7-for-27 (26%) in 34 games. If that is considered doing well, you have incredibly low standards.

Right now, we are a bad basketball team. Defense is still questionable (maybe that is being too kind), coaching is miserable, offense is fragile and rebounding is terrible. add all of that up and you get a team that will be lucky to win 3-4 ACC games this season. Biggest disappointment is the complete lack of improvement from our Sophomore class. Sarr is a liability right now and Chaundee Brown is mostly a non-factor, especially in the areas we need him most by attacking the glass and driving to the hoop. It is a young team and the hope is they will come around with more games but with Manning as coach I highly doubt it. Yes we are 3-1 but have beaten a bad A&T team who has not won yet by 12, a CSU team who has been wildly inconsistent this year and a Valpo team that had no size, both by 6 points. Turnovers are still a problem, rebounding is still poor and we have no post play whatsoever offensively.

Whatever is going on with Brown and Sarr is killing any semblance of a team that plays with effort and continuity and it is up to Manning to fix that, and quickly. Unfortunately he has not shown himself capable of doing that in his 5 years here. It would be extremely helpful for Jamie Lewis to start shaking the rust off his game and for Smart to stay healthy who, when paired with Okeke would at least provide some physical defense and adequate rebounding from the 5 because Sarr doesn't seem capable of doing that and should be our first sub in as a big but not as a starter. I am impressed with Wright, Mucius and Hoard but relying on freshmen to carry your team is fools gold once ACC play starts

Valpo wasn't a good team, but much of the game, they went 7'1, 6'7,6'6, 6'3, 6'2. That's not a whole different than us.

We will be abused in the ACC on the boards.

Right now, we are a bad basketball team. Defense is still questionable (maybe that is being too kind), coaching is miserable, offense is fragile and rebounding is terrible. add all of that up and you get a team that will be lucky to win 3-4 ACC games this season. Biggest disappointment is the complete lack of improvement from our Sophomore class. Sarr is a liability right now and Chaundee Brown is mostly a non-factor, especially in the areas we need him most by attacking the glass and driving to the hoop. It is a young team and the hope is they will come around with more games but with Manning as coach I highly doubt it. Yes we are 3-1 but have beaten a bad A&T team who has not won yet by 12, a CSU team who has been wildly inconsistent this year and a Valpo team that had no size, both by 6 points. Turnovers are still a problem, rebounding is still poor and we have no post play whatsoever offensively.

Whatever is going on with Brown and Sarr is killing any semblance of a team that plays with effort and continuity and it is up to Manning to fix that, and quickly. Unfortunately he has not shown himself capable of doing that in his 5 years here. It would be extremely helpful for Jamie Lewis to start shaking the rust off his game and for Smart to stay healthy who, when paired with Okeke would at least provide some physical defense and adequate rebounding from the 5 because Sarr doesn't seem capable of doing that and should be our first sub in as a big but not as a starter. I am impressed with Wright, Mucius and Hoard but relying on freshmen to carry your team is fools gold once ACC play starts

Other than the first sentence and a half (I’ll let you pick which comma) and the last sentence, this post couldn’t be more wrong.

Other than the first sentence and a half (I’ll let you pick which comma) and the last sentence, this post couldn’t be more wrong.

So you think Sarr and Brown are playing well enough for us to be competitive in conference?

Back