• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Abbreviated KP Report on Valpo - Sunday 10:30 am ESPNU

first game i watched all the way through. what a disappointment. aside from being poorly coached, our team has the makeup of a midmajor skill-wise. childress is the only one who can break a player down 1:1. i like mucius but he’s basically a spot up shooter, same with brown. i like wright as well but he’s a role player. oh well.

At least the Deacs didn't blow the lead down the stretch. Take the win. Try to enjoy it. They don't come easy or often.

We have some nice pieces. We look like a good team from a physical standpoint. Just missing quality coaching.

I didn’t watch any of the game this morning, but I didn’t have to. That’s the problem, we never see any tangible improvement with Manning’s teams and that is a sign of poor coaching. The same issues we have now will be the same issues 3 months from now, just being exploited by much better competition.

first game i watched all the way through. what a disappointment. aside from being poorly coached, our team has the makeup of a midmajor skill-wise. childress is the only one who can break a player down 1:1. i like mucius but he’s basically a spot up shooter, same with brown. i like wright as well but he’s a role player. oh well.

Yeah this definitely is a take based on just this game.

HUH? Childress can break someone down? That's one of his weaknesses. He does the same thing every time. He drives and gets into a bunch of people.

Hoard can break people down and has many times this weekend. Our problem is Danny's offense doesn't let him.

HUH on Mucius as well? Mucius has made several nice drives. He's made a couple along the baseline and into the lane. When he gains confidence in using shot fakes and lets the game slow down for him, he could become basically uncoverable in college.

Had to watch late because my wife is sick and I was watching our 3 kids.

Valpo sucks, but they did a good job exploiting the advantage Smits had over Sarr. Sarr could not cover Smits. Physical mismatch. This is a game where I was glad we have Smart... He has size, plays tough, and isn’t a complete liability of offense.

Not a good matchup for Sarr, but been taking that into consideration, he has a long way to go.

Our offense was at its worst when we tried to force it into Hoard, who was basically getting triple-teamed. I’m not saying Hoard shouldn’t get a ton of touches, but those possessions ended in turnovers. Find the open man.

It was me that hyped up Brown this year. I’m not nearly as down on him as some of you, but he hasn’t shown a big jump this season. I did like his aggressiveness early on today, though.

Lewis is not ready. Get him these minutes in blowouts against 300+ teams... Not when we are making a run 10 minutes into the game.

I love having Wright, Brown, and Mucius on this roster. They should all play a ton of minutes.

Good win. 2-1 in this tournament is a positive result. Could be looking at 9-3 or 10-2 before conference play (which I agree, could get ugly).

Now, because I am bored, I’m gonna go back and respond to specific posts 3 hours later than they were originally written.

I don't think these guys are bad individual defenders. They are just always out of position or a step late rotating.

Yes. And it seems like communication is poor.

As someone mentioned after the A&T game... Way too quiet on D.

I haven’t seen Johnson be as good of a defender as others have mentioned... He seems on par with the rest of the guards (not really a compliment).

Back