• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Abbreviated KP Report on Valpo - Sunday 10:30 am ESPNU

Pilchard

Reaction score
Valpo is 2-1 and ranked 138. WF is ranked 115. KP projects a 73-71 WF win.

Valpo plays a very deliberate tempo. Their center, Derrik Smits is the son of former NBA big man Rik Smits. Their PG Deion Lavenader is a UAB transfer. Their 2G, Bakari Evelyn, is a Nebraska transfer. A starting forward, Ryan Fazekas is a Providence transfer.

Valpo was picked to finish 7th in the 10 team Missouri Valley Conference pre-season poll.

Last edited:
They appear to shoot a lot of 3s, but so far have done it poorly. They turn the ball over frequently & the starting lineup doesn’t have anyone over 6’7 (Smits comes off bench). This would be a brutal loss, but with Vegas posting a line around a pick, it seems very possible.

My book posted Wake -1.5 w/ o/u of 140 last night.

That has gone to pick ‘em and 143.

No idea what to expect today. Clearly a game we should win, but I’m sure Valpo will get red hot from 3.

Considering a wager on Valpo, but will list abstain because I’d like us to win and I’ll be watching.

My book posted Wake -1.5 w/ o/u of 140 last night.

That has gone to pick ‘em and 143.

No idea what to expect today. Clearly a game we should win, but I’m sure Valpo will get red hot from 3.

Considering a wager on Valpo, but will list abstain because I’d like us to win and I’ll be watching.

Hard to believe this is where we are 9 years later.

Hard to believe this is where we are 9 years later.
ESPN favoring Valpo.

021333fdf9b001974be9f491cbd11808.jpg

Amazing defense on the first two possessions.

Wake D is even worse at 10:30 AM.

Looks like Manning has really coached them up defensively.

I don't think these guys are bad individual defenders. They are just always out of position or a step late rotating.

Whomever is covering Freeman shouldn't help.

Our first score shows why stats without context don't mean much. Hoard is 1-3. That doesn't look good, but the reality is this was all on one possession. He missed the shot, got the rebound, missed a shot, got the ball back and scored. In essence, he's better than the raw number. We had one possession and he scored.

Valpo doubling Sarr seems like a terrible strategy on their part.

mucius fun to watch. Going to be very good for us (already seems to be)

Amazing defense on the first two possessions.

Great D so far from the Deacs.... not!

Wake D is even worse at 10:30 AM.

Looks like Manning has really coached them up defensively.

Amazing matador defense!

I don't think these guys are bad individual defenders. They are just always out of position or a step late rotating.

Jesus, dudes. Chill out and try to enjoy a few minutes of basketball.

Playing better with Sarr on the bench. Coincidence?

In an era of three point dominance, playing a sometimes zone is a mistake. Every team practices swinging the ball. This renders zones useless unless that's all you recruit for and all you play.

Back