• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Buzz lured out of retirement with “significant raise”

marquee moon

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Pay the man

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nba.nb...out-of-retirement-with-significant-raise/amp/

I'm sure Bzzz is a great D coach, but I'm afraid the biggest issue is loss of Ariza and Tucker in offseason who provided such great toughness and effort on D. Granted losing Carmelo will help improve D some, but afraid Houston got too desperate in trying to jump the Warriors in giving up 2 great team players that really helped the Rocket's D.

I guess we will see, but not optimistic Bzz will do trick unless they get other pieces that can replace what Ariza and Tucker did for the team.

Tucker is still on the Rox, but Luc Mbah a Moute, who is a better defender isn't.

I'm sure Bzzz is a great D coach, but I'm afraid the biggest issue is loss of Ariza and Tucker in offseason who provided such great toughness and effort on D. Granted losing Carmelo will help improve D some, but afraid Houston got too desperate in trying to jump the Warriors in giving up 2 great team players that really helped the Rocket's D.

I guess we will see, but not optimistic Bzz will do trick unless they get other pieces that can replace what Ariza and Tucker did for the team.

If anything they weren’t desperate enough. Letting Ariza walk was a financial decision, not a basketball one. I do think Morey overestimated how replaceable 3-D guys are and underestimated the value of continuity. However, I do think he was right to try and get younger on the wings.

There’s reason to believe that Ennis and Clark might be a better combo for the Rockets come May than Ariza and Mbah Moute would have been.

50% chance that [Redacted] and Chris Paul have never talked about Wake Forest even one time. Chris is just pissed while Jeffrey has just not made the connection that Chris went to school there.

If anything they weren’t desperate enough. Letting Ariza walk was a financial decision, not a basketball one. I do think Morey overestimated how replaceable 3-D guys are and underestimated the value of continuity. However, I do think he was right to try and get younger on the wings.

There’s reason to believe that Ennis and Clark might be a better combo for the Rockets come May than Ariza and Mbah Moute would have been.

There's no reason to believe two guys who haven't proven anything will be as good defensively as two experienced, established, proven defensive players

There's no reason to believe two guys who haven't proven anything will be as good defensively as two experienced, established, proven defensive players

Should have clarified that I meant overall. And I’m not saying those guys will replace Ariza’s defense in last year’s playoffs, just that they might be better options, even on the defensive end, come May, mainly due to aging and injury risk for Luc and Ariza.

By having both players and the rest of the squad, these two guys aren't likely to wear down by May and are far better fits for this year than Clark and whomever.

I wouldn't be so sure. I mean, maybe he's okay at teaching it at the NBA level, but he sure couldn't do it at the college level. His teams at Wake were even worse than Danny's when it came to FG%D and PPP.

Back