• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report on Houston Baptist Huskies - Friday November 23 - 2 pm ACC Network

Instant classic! Happy for those kids from NC. There should be an ESPN special on the calculated destruction of our bball program.

Bad loss. But worse is how we played, looked and reacted. It looked like the players weren't interested, and both players and coaches had no idea how to win the game. Watched about the last 6 minutes plus OT and did not see a single player say ANYTHING to anybody. They touched hands but didn't even look at each other. They looked scared and sad. Being a freshman is hard I'm sure, but the essentials in team sports of communication and effort just weren't there. That's all about environment and coaching. Hard to defend Manning on that. Also disturbing that our prize sophomore recruits show so little.

The only positive from this game is that the Joel should be empty for the next game, though I doubt Wellman or Hatch would understand why it is empty. Clueless and they don't care.

Bad loss. But worse is how we played, looked and reacted. It looked like the players weren't interested, and both players and coaches had no idea how to win the game. Watched about the last 6 minutes plus OT and did not see a single player say ANYTHING to anybody. They touched hands but didn't even look at each other. They looked scared and sad. Being a freshman is hard I'm sure, but the essentials in team sports of communication and effort just weren't there. That's all about environment and coaching. Hard to defend Manning on that. Also disturbing that our prize sophomore recruits show so little.

Being a freshman at Duke isn't so hard. These kids are seasoned veterans by the time they make it to the college ranks. The coaching is simply horrific from the ground up, that is the problem here.

Someone remind me again why we didn't build a smaller stadium and hire Wes Miller like I said 10 years ago.

Someone remind me again why we didn't build a smaller stadium and hire Wes Miller like I said 10 years ago.

10 years ago when the joel was selling out and absolutely rocking you wanted to build a smaller stadium?

I'm sitting in a tree at the moment..but not even that could keep me from commenting on this shit show.

I was at a Native American village with no cell connection. Had to pop in once I finally saw the score.

HBU scored 15 points in the last 2:00 of regulation

LOL.

If we had better fans, this stuff wouldn't happen.

This. All day this. We have a low expectation fanbase who doesn’t care enough about winning.

Ron Wellman killed my favorite team. I’m privileged to have been there to witness the final nail in the bargain basement coffin that is Danny Manning’s coaching career.

I'm sitting in a tree at the moment..but not even that could keep me from commenting on this shit show.

I was at a Native American village with no cell connection. Had to pop in once I finally saw the score.

HBU scored 15 points in the last 2:00 of regulation

LOL.

If we had better fans, this stuff wouldn't happen.

This. All day this. We have a low expectation fanbase who doesn’t care enough about winning. We have fans who are more angry about fans who want to win than they are about incompetence in our athletic department.

LOL.

This. All day this. We have a low expectation fanbase who doesn’t care enough about winning. We have fans who are more angry about fans who want to win than they are about incompetence in our athletic department.

We have a bad coach. The fan base has very little to do with it. We replaced a bad coach with a bad coach. Fans flock to winners. The blue teams are great because they have special magic fans. They have great coaches which brings in more and better fans. It’s really not that complicated.

Bye bye R chill, idiot. Happy trails.

Creamy needs to be pardoned by the powers that be.

Ron Wellman...GFY!

when I stated that HBU scored 15 points in the last 2:00 of regulation, that was actually not true

they scored 15 points in the last 90 seconds of regulation, on 7 possessions

that's 2.1 points per possession, which is...horrible defensively, but we've had similar endgames probably a dozen or more times with Manning

we're inexcusably horrible, again, defensively

#newbeginnings

10 years ago when the joel was selling out and absolutely rocking you wanted to build a smaller stadium?

The most amazing part of this whole post is I predicted folks would be questioning whether I wanted Miller and a new stadium in my actual posts here through the 2000s. I told you so. Now is the time to blow it up. Get stadium right for 2025.

Back