• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report on Houston Baptist Huskies - Friday November 23 - 2 pm ACC Network

You don’t have have to feel bad about firing him. He’s made millions playing and now “coaching”. Bill Self will almost for sure make up some new position for him at Kansas.

Just disgusting reading the post game news conference. Manning seemed so cavalier about the loss with a few laughs thrown in. 9 years of this crap is hard to take.

I was fishing this afternoon and didn’t even think it possible we could lose this game, then find out just now we lost. If Manning isn’t gone at the end of the season then Hatch and Wellman care absolutely nothing about our hoops program. If they cared as much as they should, he’d be gone by tonight.

Please stop with this better Phan crap.

It’s not the fault of the fan base.

At least not the people that post on these boards. Anyone who spends time here obviously cares about Wake Forest athletics and doesn’t want us to suck.

true.

Please stop with this better Phan crap.

It’s not the fault of the fan base.

At least not the people that post on these boards. Anyone who spends time here obviously cares about Wake Forest athletics and doesn’t want us to suck.

are you manning out finally?

There are people who post here who are enablers. People may not want us to suck but they think the people who suck at leading our program are somehow going to stop it from sucking.

That’s ridiculous.

How can you enable something when you have zero control over it? This isn’t turning a blind eye to harmful behavior... This is having zero influence because we are so far removed.

I was wrong to believe that Manning might turn things around this season with a new group of players. I get that. But nothing I ever posted did anything to keep Manning around.

Just like nothing you (and others) have posted will hasten his departure.

That’s ridiculous.

How can you enable something when you have zero control over it? This isn’t turning a blind eye to harmful behavior... This is having zero influence because we are so far removed.

I was wrong to believe that Manning might turn things around this season with a new group of players. I get that. But nothing I ever posted did anything to keep Manning around.

Just like nothing you (and others) have posted will hasten his departure.

what’s hilarious is that you thought manning might turn things around this season. why would you possibly think that other than blind hope?

There are people who think next year’s recruits are good. Because most Wake fans are fucking morons

There are people who think next year’s recruits are good. Because most Wake fans are fucking morons

From the videos I've seen, Massoud can flat out play. He looks to be a true new era player. At a long 6'8, he can shoot from distance, rebound a bit, handle and looks decent on D. I can't say that about the others, but leave him out of that statement.

what’s hilarious is that you thought manning might turn things around this season. why would you possibly think that other than blind hope?

I’m sure I’ve posted it 100 times. I wasn’t pro-Manning per se... I just thought he deserved another year. I thought he was bringing the program along the first three years before last year’s debacle. I thought perhaps there were others more at fault last season. I hoped that Hoard, Mucius, and sophomore Brown and Sarr would would be talented enough to improve our results. And that Manning would be able to coach this group of players.

He clearly cannot coach a team to play at or near the sum of its parts. He might be able to coach bigs to improve, but that’s not enough. It’s not even close.

I also wasn’t impressed with the crop of available coaches last off-season... Didn’t feel like we missed out on any potential candidates.

And now I’m already done with caring about college hoops this season. In November. That sucks.

And it’s not just Manning sucking. It’s other new coaches getting decent wins early. UConn was (and is) a dumpster fire, but just beat Syracuse. Ohio State has a terrible roster and has already won a couple of good games.

I could go on, but after losing to a team as shitty as HBU in year 5, I obviously don’t have to. I’m preaching to the choir at this point.

I’m sure I’ve posted it 100 times. I wasn’t pro-Manning per se... I just thought he deserved another year. I thought he was bringing the program along the first three years before last year’s debacle. I thought perhaps there were others more at fault last season. I hoped that Hoard, Mucius, and sophomore Brown and Sarr would would be talented enough to improve our results. And that Manning would be able to coach this group of players.

He clearly cannot coach a team to play at or near the sum of its parts. He might be able to coach bigs to improve, but that’s not enough. It’s not even close.

I also wasn’t impressed with the crop of available coaches last off-season... Didn’t feel like we missed out on any potential candidates.

And now I’m already done with caring about college hoops this season. In November. That sucks.

And it’s not just Manning sucking. It’s other new coaches getting decent wins early. UConn was (and is) a dumpster fire, but just beat Syracuse. Ohio State has a terrible roster and has already won a couple of good games.

I could go on, but after losing to a team as shitty as HBU in year 5, I obviously don’t have to. I’m preaching to the choir at this point.

It’s easier just to say, “I was pro-Manning.” The rest is just feeble excuse-making.

Back