• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report on Houston Baptist Huskies - Friday November 23 - 2 pm ACC Network

Unfortunately only a few of us worthless message board posters read Dan's blog. However people that count do read the Journal. Conor is doing a great job there covering Wake, but at this point that stops short of strong opinions. I can't blame him-- he is new to the job and probably has a family to feed. Les is able to be a little more opinionated, and clearly stated a couple of days ago how "bleak" the future looked for this team.

Unfortunately only a few of us worthless message board posters read Dan's blog. However people that count do read the Journal. Conor is doing a great job there covering Wake, but at this point that stops short of strong opinions. I can't blame him-- he is new to the job and probably has a family to feed. Les is able to be a little more opinionated, and clearly stated a couple of days ago how "bleak" the future looked for this team.
No one is asking real questions.

Is it too soon for this era to be called “The Lost Decade”

Not too soon.

As a friendly bit of trivia, the term was invented relative to Japan's economy in the 90's. And the lost decade is now approaching 30 years.

Dude was laughing in his post game commentary with Les and Conor.
Yeah, I commented on another thread that his likability is reaching [Redacted] levels at this point. He doesn't seem to care or believe he is at fault at all.

Last edited:
Yeah, I commented on another thread that his likability is reaching [Redacted] levels at this point. He doesn't seem to care or before he is at fault at all.

Yep, I used to feel this part of his coaching - how he carried himself - was unassailable. I thought he represented our school well. For the most part this is still true, but there are problems showing even there. Which is bad, because it’s about all he has left.

Was outside biking most of the day, finally checked my phone at about 4:20 to see a notification from my Gameday app. On my phone, the score of the other team is always cut off, either due to poor design or people who want to avoid spoilers. Anyway, all I saw was "End of regulation WF 83". Didn't think anything of it at first, until I remembered that it usually says FINAL in that situation. "No f'ing way", I thought, but I finally checked the HBU score, and screamed loud enough to startle the deer I was trying to take a picture of.

Had to watch the replay to see how it happened. It's a really weird feeling to be able to instantly calculate how epic our collapse was even as we lead. Outscored 26-12 in the final 8 minutes, gave up 20 in the last 4 minutes of regulation. What the shit was that last play design to Childress in OT?

Agree with Mack and most everyone else - he should be fired today, make Chill interim and promote Nestor. Today was awful and should be the final act in the Manning era.

No not Chill. Fire everyone and hire random fans for the remainder of the season until you can find a suitable replacement at the end of the season.

Yep. He’s okay. Don’t want him. At least not right now. No more chances only sure things. For fucks sake make our basketball team good again

Who are the "sure things", and why would they come to Wake at this point?

No not Chill. Fire everyone and hire random fans for the remainder of the season until you can find a suitable replacement at the end of the season.

That would be incredible enjoyable to watch. The season would go from us barely registering that we have a game, to complete must-see tv.

That’s ridiculous.

How can you enable something when you have zero control over it? This isn’t turning a blind eye to harmful behavior... This is having zero influence because we are so far removed.

I was wrong to believe that Manning might turn things around this season with a new group of players. I get that. But nothing I ever posted did anything to keep Manning around.

Just like nothing you (and others) have posted will hasten his departure.

Yeah pretty much this. Just finger point because we’re all tired of this shit. It’s cool. I was wrong too but who the fuck cares at this point just fire the fucking guy.

Please no more KP reports- if we can't beat HBU at home, then.... who can we beat?!:confused:

Back