• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report on Houston Baptist Huskies - Friday November 23 - 2 pm ACC Network

Pilchard

Reaction score
Record: HBU is 1-2 this year with a 30 point loss to #53 Arizona, a 37 point loss to #16 Wisconsin and a 3 point home win over #249 Fordham. The Huskies moved to D-1 in 2008 over the last 10 years as a D-1 hoop program, they have had 1 winning season. Last year, HBU was 6-25. I quickly checked, and it looked like over their 10 years as a D-1 program, they have never beaten a top 100 team, and it looks like they may have never beaten a team ranked in the top 200. IOW, they suck now and have always sucked.

Offense: The HBU offense is ranked #240. The Huskies turn the ball over on 19% of their possessions, which is awful (#209); they can't make FTs (57% -- #337) they play at a fast tempo (#31). They are a mediocre shooting team 32% from 3 (#218), and the 3 is not a big part of their offense 29% of their O comes from 3s (#214).

Defense: HBU is even weaker on D (#330) than on offense. The Huskies don't defend the 3 well (#299), don't keep teams off the offensive glass (#317), and they don't defend the inside well either (#314). Wisconsin, who does not score a ton of points hung 96 on HBU.

The lineup: The Huskies start 3 guards (6-4, 6-2, 6-2); their bigs are 6-5 and 6-10. Their best player is their 6-4 PG Ian Dubose.

The result: KP projects an 85-70 WF win. Will be disappointed if its that close.

If we lose this game I'm going to chug a fifth of Wild Turkey 101.

Deacs win HUGE.

Climb into the KP top 110.

Agree that this is a game we should dominate start to finish. Should win by 20+. Will be disappointed if they hang around at all.

so, they are short, they can't shoot, they can't defend, and they are in Houston but their mascot is a husky

I believe Colin Montgomery attended and played golf at Houston Baptist.

Houston Baptist plays their home games in Sharp Gym, capacity 1,000

unless I'm seeing the vistors' side, that 1,000 capacity looks generous:

1280px-HBU_Basketball_CIMG8372.JPG

Wow. That is a bad sounding team. Even Danny can't screw up this win. Might keep it close for a while by trying to match our D with theirs.

Thanks for posting these Pilchard! We play some teams that i've never heard of...

Wow. That is a bad sounding team. Even Danny can't screw up this win. Might keep it close for a while by trying to match our D with theirs.

I hate that our players couldn’t go home for Thanksgiving because they have to play this poor team. I feel even worse for the HBU players. They don’t get to cash the guaranteed money the school gets from flying out for this game.

Back