• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report on Houston Baptist Huskies - Friday November 23 - 2 pm ACC Network

Not too surprising since Dan doesn't work for the Journal anymore. I do think you will see Les and Conor start to take the gloves off , but it will be a slower process, since they need to retain some objectivity. One big difference between Manning and Clawson is that Clawson appears to be highly respected by the press for being a straight shooter, while Manning is arrogant, and no fun to cover as he avoids the tough questions.

one huge difference between clawson and manning...when the football team started out shaky this year, clawson blamed himself and staff. he made sure to talk about the things that needed to be addressed to turn the season around. manning tries to defend himself based on any positive he saw in the game. like there is nothing he is doing wrong...

one huge difference between clawson and manning...when the football team started out shaky this year, clawson blamed himself and staff. he made sure to talk about the things that needed to be addressed to turn the season around. manning tries to defend himself based on any positive he saw in the game. like there is nothing he is doing wrong...

Clawson is the first basketball or football coach I remember who was willing to accept the blame in that fashion and make the necessary moves. It’s refreshing to see.

Clawson is the first basketball or football coach I remember who was willing to accept the blame in that fashion and make the necessary moves. It’s refreshing to see.

likewise. he has the confidence to believe in his own vision. manning hasnt seemed to even have a vision for this program in his entire time here. its scary how much talent this team has, but how awful they perform

likewise. he has the confidence to believe in his own vision. manning hasnt seemed to even have a vision for this program in his entire time here. its scary how much talent this team has, but how awful they perform

Manning has a vision, he states it all the time, he wants us to play fast. Apparently it doesn’t matter if you make shots, rebound or play defense in Manning’s system as long as you do it fast.

This team doesn’t have that much talent. Not enough talent to be in the top half of the ACC. (That’s on Danny in year 5.) But this team is definitely less than the sum of its parts.

I literally LOL'd when I saw the final score. It's too pathetic to get angry about. Keeping my emotional arsenal stocked for the Duke game. (it's an American football game taking place at 12:30 today)

This team doesn’t have that much talent. Not enough talent to be in the top half of the ACC. (That’s on Danny in year 5.) But this team is definitely less than the sum of its parts.

We have talent, which is my issue. We could run those guys out with no coaching whatsoever and they’d beat Houston Baptist. Manning makes them worse.

Already owned being wrong for wanting patience for Manning. Has nothing to do with my knowledge of basketball. This was a good talk though.

for someone who claims to know a lot about basketball you didn’t know shit about manning’s ability to coach

for someone who claims to know a lot about basketball you didn’t know shit about manning’s ability to coach

Not to pile on, but Manning's ridiculous coaching foibles have been on display since year one. There comes a point when you have to just believe your eyes and quit defending the indefensible.

I guess we are all there now. The Houston Baptist debacle has once again united the fan base.

Now we just need to convince the one moron with the power to do something about it.

I keep watching the ESPN ticker hoping for the breaking news that Ronnie shitcanned Manning.

Make it happen now rather than piss away another season.

Hell, Nestor will probably hire his buddy Dave Odom to teach some fundamental D principles. Fun times 2.0!

Not to pile on, but Manning's ridiculous coaching foibles have been on display since year one. There comes a point when you have to just believe your eyes and quit defending the indefensible.

I guess we are all there now. The Houston Baptist debacle has once again united the fan base.

Now we just need to convince the one moron with the power to do something about it.

#houstonbaptist

Different year, same results

I don't want to remember the catastrophic loss at home to Virginia a few years ago (the one where it was statistically impossible to lose and yet we did), but this loss to Houston Baptist had many similarities: bizarre substitution patterns, massive defensive breakdowns, zero offensive game plan, and a creeping anxiety and fear emanating from the players and their body language.

We've seen it time and time again: last year to Notre Dame at home, at UNC, etc. Absolute collapses in the 2nd half or final 8 minutes of many, many games.

At the time of the Virginia loss, excuses were given: undermanned, players not long enough, Manning was just getting started, the 3 they hit at the end was a fluke, etc. But now its clear that a pattern has emerged. Repeatedly. When an organization gets stuck, the best course of action is to address the big picture issues and go against the grain of what has been attempted. As many here have stated, Coach Clawson and our football program has done just that this year to much success. That's called leadership.

I like Danny Manning. Its a tough business he's in. But in order to win, some hard decisions are going to have be made, many of which need to be internal and personal. So much of basketball is about mental toughness and confidence, and this isn't exclusive to the players. Its also the coach that has to exude those qualities. Great players are great listeners and are coachable. Great coaches should also be coachable as well.

Making jokes after our loss to Houston Baptist was not the best take, in my opinion. After such a reprehensible loss, a great coach would've been angry and willing to take the blame himself. I honestly would've preferred if he would have not had a press conference at all after that game.

I don't want to remember the catastrophic loss at home to Virginia a few years ago (the one where it was statistically impossible to lose and yet we did), but this loss to Houston Baptist had many similarities: bizarre substitution patterns, massive defensive breakdowns, zero offensive game plan, and a creeping anxiety and fear emanating from the players and their body language.

We've seen it time and time again: last year to Notre Dame at home, at UNC, etc. Absolute collapses in the 2nd half or final 8 minutes of many, many games.

At the time of the Virginia loss, excuses were given: undermanned, players not long enough, Manning was just getting started, the 3 they hit at the end was a fluke, etc. But now its clear that a pattern has emerged. Repeatedly. When an organization gets stuck, the best course of action is to address the big picture issues and go against the grain of what has been attempted. As many here have stated, Coach Clawson and our football program has done just that this year to much success. That's called leadership.

I like Danny Manning. Its a tough business he's in. But in order to win, some hard decisions are going to have be made, many of which need to be internal and personal. So much of basketball is about mental toughness and confidence, and this isn't exclusive to the players. Its also the coach that has to exude those qualities. Great players are great listeners and are coachable. Great coaches should also be coachable as well.

Making jokes after our loss to Houston Baptist was not the best take, in my opinion. After such a reprehensible loss, a great coach would've been angry and willing to take the blame himself. I honestly would've preferred if he would have not had a press conference at all after that game.

It's easy for him to laugh. Still got lots of dollars in the bank. It's just a game, right?

No lead is safe, even a 7 point lead with the ball and 21 seconds on the clock.

The best course of action would have been for us to shoot at our own basket as we all know, we cant score 7 points in 21 seconds.

....and people were like 'wut r u talkin bout' when I said I didn't like the way Chill looked against Valpo. That 3 possession stretch at the end where he (i) took an awful guarded unbalanced three, then (ii) tried to make a telegraphed pass from almost half court that was so bad it was easily intercepted by that giant sub human center and then (iii) ran untouched out of bounds 45 feet away from the basket is maybe the worst sequence for a wake bb player I've ever seen. Dude can knock down open shots, but he is totally lost in this offense and trying to do waaaay too much.

I am no Manning defender but Chill takes a big percentage of the fault on that L.

I had blocked that gAme from my memory dam it

Back