• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Which is worse....

In 9 seasons Wake has lost to:

Stetson
Winthrop
Uncw
Presbyterian
Wofford
Iona
Delaware St
Ga Southern
Liberty
Drake
Houston Baptist

Until today, Delaware St was the worst loss for me. I used to go to a lot of WSSU games growing up and the prospect of losing to a shitty MEAC team was worse than the [Redacted] Presby and Stetson shitshows.

Until today. A Wake Forest basketball team lost to Houston Baptist.

What was the worst loss before [Redacted]? Marshall?

Good thing we kept Manning to build off his First Four season. Nobody could have foreseen that we would have a bad team this season.

Our fan base sucks so bad. We deserve this.

Why? Because we don’t have a billboard up yet? It’s all Wellman IMO. If there is a big buyout in Manning’s contract, Wellman must be fired too. Immediately.

Why? Because we don’t have a billboard up yet? It’s all Wellman IMO. If there is a big buyout in Manning’s contract, Wellman must be fired too. Immediately.

The why would be because a substantial portion of the fanbase did not demand a firing after 4 years despite no finish above 10th place and 3 years of at least 19 losses.

I’m pretty sure most of the posters on here wanted it.

Good thing we kept Manning to build off his First Four season. Nobody could have foreseen that we would have a bad team this season.

Our fan base sucks so bad. We deserve this.

I agree 100%

Presbyterian was my worst Bz loss. Didn't know much about Stetson when we played them, so I thought maybe they were better than I thought (didn't watch the game). Plus, we later beat Iowa in the ACC-Big 10 challenge, so that gave me some hope. Presbyterian, though-I knew who they were, and "good at basketball" was not among their characteristics.

This one though-right up there.

Presbyterian was my worst Bz loss. Didn't know much about Stetson when we played them, so I thought maybe they were better than I thought (didn't watch the game). Plus, we later beat Iowa in the ACC-Big 10 challenge, so that gave me some hope. Presbyterian, though-I knew who they were, and "good at basketball" was not among their characteristics.

This one though-right up there.

The stunning thing about this loss is we have a potential strong NBA starter on the team. In my opinion, Hoard is a better NBA prospect than anyone at Wake since Chris Paul. He seems to have everything and is pretty polished for a freshman. Like Aminu if he were talented offensively. Even with that guy, Manning loses to one of the worst teams in the country. Just really hard to do.

Wake shot 57% from the field, Got a career high from their junior leader & their opponent started the game 1-13 from the field.
Still not able to beat Houston Baptist has to be rock bottom.
Anyone that felt DM deserved to coach this season was under the impression that both Crawf & Moore would be the senior leaders.

The stunning thing about this loss is we have a potential strong NBA starter on the team. In my opinion, Hoard is a better NBA prospect than anyone at Wake since Chris Paul. He seems to have everything and is pretty polished for a freshman. Like Aminu if he were talented offensively. Even with that guy, Manning loses to one of the worst teams in the country. Just really hard to do.

Agreed. Also, their abysmal FT shooting is the kicker for me-that's usually a reason for these kinds of upsets.

What was the worst loss before [name redacted]? Marshall?

Alaska-Anchorage 1993?

Agreed. Also, their abysmal FT shooting is the kicker for me-that's usually a reason for these kinds of upsets.

Alaska-Anchorage 1993?

Richmond in the opening game of the 1981-1982 season. Wake was returning 4 starters (Rogers, Helms, Johnstone, Morgan) from a 22-7 team the previous. We were ranked # 13 and lost to Richmond.

Back