• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Which is worse....

I also very much did not enjoy losing to Falwell U last season.

Stetson was Bzz’ first game at WF. Houston Baptist was #131 for Manning. No comparison. Read Dan’s blog.

Considering the stat lines, this is by far the worst loss. Damn near impossible to lose it. And year five.

Wake shot 56%. 44% from 3. Wake out rebounded the opponent by 14. the opponent missed 15 of 32 free throws.

How in God's name do you lose that game.

Hoard had 22 and 15 boards. Childress broke his career high by 9 points making 4 3's and 9 of 10 free throws.

How can you possibly lose that game to a trash team that missed 12 of it's first 13 buckets.

No words.

Losing to Houston Baptist in Manning's 5th year, is easily worse than the Stetson loss, it's not even close. Not to mention the 4 North Carolinian Baptists, including 1 from Chris Paul's high school, who I know enjoyed rubbing it in the Deacon's faces.

I said to my wife around 10am yesterday, “Let’s grab the kid and drive up to Winston to the game so he can see Wake win.”

So glad we didn’t. Best decision I’ve made in a long time.

I haven't been to a game in a long time. Mainly because I refuse to enable Ron Wellman and his traveling shit-show called Wake basketball.

Do we still have the pre-game theatrics with flame throwers and the motorcycle? If so, that's kinda embarrassing when you lose to Houston Baptist.

What was the worst loss before [name redacted]? Marshall?

The worst loss in WF b-ball history has to be getting completely smoked by a [Redacted] coached Air Force team, right? For starters, because we got smoked by a team coached by [name redacted] - let alone one made up of future pilots and not future pro players. And perhaps even worse, that game planted the seed that has led to the complete shit show that Wake b-ball has become since the spring of 2010.

I said to my wife around 10am yesterday, “Let’s grab the kid and drive up to Winston to the game so he can see Wake win.”

So glad we didn’t. Best decision I’ve made in a long time.

This is always my angle on things. We’ve lost generation of kids who want to be fervent Deac supporters, but instead they equate us with being a loser program, because we are. How many parent child memories have been forfeited because of our sheer incompetence of the last decade? That stuff matters.

This is always my angle on things. We’ve lost generation of kids who want to be fervent Deac supporters, but instead they equate us with being a loser program, because we are. How many parent child memories have been forfeited because of our sheer incompetence of the last decade? That stuff matters.

Completely agree. Two of the biggest Wake fans I know have two boys who are huge college sports fans but Wake isn’t even their favorite program.

This is me. My son (17 and a basketball player) wears clothes with all different college teams on it. He does not watch Wake on TV. Kids these days don't watch perennial losers and I can't say I blame them.

If not for Wellman's idiocy, not doubt he would be a big Wake fan and we would have spent many afternoons and evening at the Joel.

Multiply my case by many thousands and the real cost of Wellman's hubris is almost impossible to calculate over future generations.

This is me. My son (17 and a basketball player) wears clothes with all different college teams on it. He does not watch Wake on TV. Kids these days don't watch perennial losers and I can't say I blame them.

If not for Wellman's idiocy, not doubt he would be a big Wake fan and we would have spent many afternoons and evening at the Joel.

Multiply my case by many thousands and the real cost of Wellman's hubris is almost impossible to calculate over future generations.
Nobody that matters cares. Stop worrying about it.

It's fruitless.

I miss caring about Wake bball, but I gave up long after the powers that be did. And if they don't care enough to even try, then I sure as shit won't care myself.

Back