• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Would anyone be upset if Manning was fired today.

I remember the coaching search and these boards after buzz. I had the mindset of “hell it doesn’t matter who you hire, they can’t be any fucking worse.”

Oops
:sick:

I remember the coaching search and these boards after buzz. I had the mindset of “hell it doesn’t matter who you hire, they can’t be any fucking worse.”

Oops

Looks like Wellman was able to find the one guy.

I’ll never be able to hear Manning speak again without thinking he sucks. Almost like go away now feeling. Buzzass was different. He was more like Elrod.

Speaking of Elrod, Wellman needs to be taken to task for that fiasco too.

Oops

Agreed.

For some reason I think [Redacted] will always be the object of most of my ire, maybe because he seemed so arrogant. But as I posted elsewhere, Manning is quickly spending down whatever capital he had there.

But it's probably just because I was more invested at the time. Who has the energy to care anymore? Which is where it gets really dangerous with our next hire. Because right now I'm saying that anyone would be better than [Redacted] and Manning. But what if 10 years turn into 15? We're talking about some of my a kid's entire childhood trying to enjoy WFU hoops - gone.

[Redacted] is worse because there was no reason whatsoever to hire him. He was a crony hire. At least Manning was a big name up and coming coach. Not a great option but he wasn’t clearly a bad coach.

People just don't understand how bad it really is. Coaching basketball ain't all that difficult. Thousands can do it. You almost have to exert copious energy to be as bad as what we witnessed yesterday.

I am really shocked either how utterly clueless manning is about the Xs and Os are how he is completely unable to motivate and communicate that to the team.

His teams are much less enjoyable than watching the Bzzz teams, and that is really saying something.

guys...we cant get rid of manning right now, we are still in cole anthonys top 6. cant lose the chance of a once in a lifetime pg!

I'm actually not so shocked that the team is not motivated by the tall statue that is their coach.

His post game pressers literally put me to sleep.

guys...we cant get rid of manning right now, we are still in cole anthonys top 6. cant lose the chance of a once in a lifetime pg!

I think he might be a generational type of talent like Giles.

I think he might be a generational type of talent like Giles.

lol...how is danny manning waking up this moring as the wake mens basketball coach. this is bullshit! he literally laughed questions off yesterday in post game. anyone on this board would lose their job if we performed anywhere near this shit for 1 WEEK...let alone 5 fuckin years.

Never thought Wellman could hire a worse coach than [Redacted] and I never thought I’d want a coach fired more than I wanted [Redacted] fired, yet it has happened.

Wellman could have grabbed any 2 high school coaches at random and done better.

It's like he has an actual talent for finding the most incompetent person available.

He looks for some one with no passion, that does not communicate well, does not think outside the box, and is not particularly smart or motivated.

When all those things come together, you have Wellman's guy.

how is our favorite FB group reacting to this liveanddiedeac. Unfortunately my banning is keeping me from seeing the hilarity

how is our favorite FB group reacting to this liveanddiedeac. Unfortunately my banning is keeping me from seeing the hilarity

The first post I saw this morning was somebody saying if anybody is going to protest by not going to games, his family would take their tickets because they are going to keep supporting this team and coach no matter what, lol!

And some dude made the understatement of all time by proclaiming, “We are not ready for ACC play.”:bowrofl: Apparently HBU showed we are not even ready for Southland Conference play.:sick:

Last edited:
The first post I saw this morning was somebody saying if anybody is going to protest by not going to games, his family would take their tickets because they are going to keep supporting this team and coach no matter what, lol!

And some dude made the understatement of all time by proclaiming, “We are not ready for ACC play.”:bowrofl: Apparently HBU showed we are not even ready for Southland Conference play.:sick:

I think everybody should take the superfan up on his offer.

you're missing the point

I would be ecstatic! Please Wellman, fire him tonight and name Nestor or Childress the interim coach until after the season when you can hire a real one.

No don't fire Manning until Wellman is fired first. Ron Wellman cannot be allowed to hire another basketball coach.

You fire Manning this year and don't let Wellman unilaterially make the hiring decision.

This should be an attractive job. You can recruit talent here even with dumpster fire seasons. Any coach showing real improvement should be able to recruit here.

Last edited:
Back