• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WHY is he still our basketball coach?

While Manning will not be fired till the season is over, I predict the tipping point will be a blowout loss at home to State on 1/15. Most of you remember the photo of Bzdelick on the sidelines that showed the score as something like 72-40 at home vs a very average State team -- can't remember of it was his final year or the yeAr before. After 1/15 there will be no question about Manning's fate. We will lose the three games before that as expected.

too touch on this a bit...was having lunch with a coach at new hanover high school, he is 100 percent sure ty Walker got paid to come here. maybe we need that old culture back? not like the ncaa can do anything

If only UNC would have been let off Scott free prior to this, maybe Ronnie woulda been like, fuck it they ain't gonna touch us.

The ACC Sports Journal has an article on Manning and his contract. They find it to be inconceivable that DM got a contract for 3 million x 6 years. I agree. They also say that Wellman had to have administrative checks and balances to keep him from doing something so idiotic.

While they are certainly nice folks at the ACC Sports Journal (and additionally I haven't read what you're talking about), this version of what they wrote sounds like simple message-board level conjecture and not actual reporting.

You'd 'think' there are checks and balances, but were there?

You'd 'think' that contract was inconceivable, but was it?

I'll try to find what they wrote, but it doesn't seem to me that this particular piece added much actual real information, which of course is hard to track down when dealing with a private school such as Wake.

Of course, Dino wasn't the head coach when we landed TW.

Actually Dino was HC when Ty Walker signed his LOI. Ty was part of the "ATT" class that entered Wake in fall 2008. Dino was officially HC after Skip's untimely death in July 2007. Recruiting is like fishing. Recruits aren't "landed" until the signed LOI is delivered.

Wake had verbal commitments from the three much earlier. As Skip's assistant, Dino probably had a lot to do with getting the verbals.

The ACC Sports Journal has an article on Manning and his contract. They find it to be inconceivable that DM got a contract for 3 million x 6 years. I agree. They also say that Wellman had to have administrative checks and balances to keep him from doing something so idiotic.

Not true. Wellman has ensured the Athletic Dept is off limits from Hatch and his henchmen. Wellman effectively amswers to no one.

Back