• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WHY is he still our basketball coach?

Talked to a long time high level DClubber today who said Wellman recently asked for an extension and was told you are 72, and turned him down. Some good sign.

That is the good news. The bad news will come when we learn his current contract goes through 2030.

After seeing the score online, I stopped by to see if DM got shit-canned. No??? Maybe next week.

what's amazing is that he is about to post his THIRD 20 loss season out of five. when he hasn't lost 20 games, he lost 19 and in the "breakout" year he lost 14.
holy shit

toilet%20philippines.jpg

I know we'd all feel better if they canned Manning tomorrow, but thinking more broadly, I don't think it would be good for us to be 'officially' looking for a coach. Too easy to pile up the negatives so any that would consider coming have plenty of time to write us off.

A program like UCLA can do it since they have a history that can't be written off.

Best situation for us it to axe him the day after the ACCT when coaches can realistically start thinking about their next move.

I know we'd all feel better if they canned Manning tomorrow, but thinking more broadly, I don't think it would be good for us to be 'officially' looking for a coach. Too easy to pile up the negatives so any that would consider coming have plenty of time to write us off.

A program like UCLA can do it since they have a history that can't be written off.

Best situation for us it to axe him the day after the ACCT when coaches can realistically start thinking about their next move.

Yup, because all the blowout losses this year combined with the players complete lack of enthusiasm for Manning are not doing any damage. Team has some good sophomores and freshmen but keeping Danny around til March will help them think about staying.

I doubt we get much better if we let DM go right now. I'm not sure we have anyone on our staff that can coach.

I doubt we get much better if we let DM go right now. I'm not sure we have anyone on our staff that can coach.

Probably won't get better, but it would be an important signal to current players and remaining fans that you want to get better. The charade has gone on long enough and now its just a complete shit show. Making a move now improves morale for players and the few people who still care about Wake Forest Basketball.

I would have said this years ago. but agree with sentiment.

If we do it Monday after ACCT then it's like whatever, he sucked, we suck, expected. I think it would get a little more splash to do it now. And put the word out we're paying big bucks. That's all I know. Cause there isn't much to sell at this point.

Probably won't get better, but it would be an important signal to current players and remaining fans that you want to get better. The charade has gone on long enough and now its just a complete shit show. Making a move now improves morale for players and the few people who still care about Wake Forest Basketball.

Fine by me. Cut the check and make it happen.

There’s little downside to doing it now. Get a good day of coverage. Get the players hopeful about next season. Give fans a reason to watch. Dispel the idea that our program is just pushing a boulder up a hill. Get commentators talking about the future. Acknowledge there is problem with the program.

There’s little downside to doing it now. Get a good day of coverage. Get the players hopeful about next season. Give fans a reason to watch. Dispel the idea that our program is just pushing a boulder up a hill. Get commentators talking about the future. Acknowledge there is problem with the program.

Fine by me. Cut the check and make it happen.

Back