• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WHY is he still our basketball coach?

Moonz was right from the start about this hire.

If I were AD and had to fire Danny, I'd wait until Monday. There are a couple of reasons. The first is I wouldn't want to make it the story over the Deacs trying to become bowl eligible. I'd want to give the football team a weekend of their own.

I'm sure there's also some sort of negotiation that has to be done. Further, we're not going to sign a real replacement until sometime in mid-late March.

There's no upside to doing this weekend but there is downside.

But then you have no leader going into the big showdown with the catamounts! And on a Tuesday no less!!

Western Carolina is 1-5, BTW. Predictions on score?

But then you have no leader going into the big showdown with the catamounts! And on a Tuesday no less!!

I think we rebound with a solid 5 point win and the Demon Deacon Sports Nation Facebook group rolls the Quad.

6:00 PM on Sunday - let the story get buried in the Sunday NFL frenzie.

You have an assistant as HC by 9 AM Monday. It's the same as doing it today without taking focus from the football team.

Well the football team will either win or lose by 4. They’ll probably lose. Do it then. Every day Danny remains delays the rebuilding process and fails to allow a #newbeginning.

6:00 PM on Sunday - let the story get buried in the Sunday NFL frenzie.

I can wait until tomorrow night. Monday will be a new work week with a new interim coach.

With any coaching at all this team with the talent we have is at least a .500 team and not the total failure it is now.

I can wait until tomorrow night. Monday will be a new work week with a new interim coach.

With any coaching at all this team with the talent we have is at least a .500 team and not the total failure it is now.

Wellman isn’t going to fire a coach during the season, we’re stuck with Manning the whole season.

I agree Manning needs to be gone now. However, this team has no rebounding, no interior D and no depth. It's not a .500 team.

I agree Manning needs to be gone now. However, this team has no rebounding, no interior D and no depth. It's not a .500 team.

If Manning was fired and an interim gets us to .500, he’d probably get the job.

With a shot in the arm from new leadership, I'd certainly like to see them try!:thumbsup:

I just got a phone call from a reporter with a number from Kentucky. He wanted a comment on the state of wake forest bball. Said he wanted to talk to me since we put up the billboard. I told him I wasnt interested. If anyone wants to talk to the guy let me know.

Back