• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WHY is he still our basketball coach?

Short of a public "he's staying" statement, on what date would it be pretty much guaranteed that he's not going anywhere?

Short of a public "he's staying" statement, on what date would it be pretty much guaranteed that he's not going anywhere?

I would think if he's not let go by next Wednesday 3/20 we aren't going to get rid of him. Tournament concludes Saturday, so a presser Monday announcing Manning and Wake are parting ways might make sense, but there's money and paperwork involved that hopefully started to be discussed after the Miami loss so Wednesday 3/20 makes sense to me. But with Wellman still in charge who knows.

I don’t care if we have to name an interim and we have to pay him to sit at a desk in Reynolda. Take away his keys to the gym. Now! Another year of DM and there will be zero support for our program. ZERO!

Let's play without a coach.

I think it's worth a shot. We could have a one full time recruiter. No floor or practice coach. We name a captain and he makes all decision via playing time, etc.

The recruiting pitch would be that you will have fun playing the game you know with no asshole screaming at you. The players have full ownership in the program.

Would probably be awful, yet better than the last 9 years. Think of all the millions we could save.

I think it's worth a shot. We could have a one full time recruiter. No floor or practice coach. We name a captain and he makes all decision via playing time, etc.

The recruiting pitch would be that you will have fun playing the game you know with no asshole screaming at you. The players have full ownership in the program.

Would probably be awful, yet better than the last 9 years. Think of all the millions we could save.

Back