• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WHY is he still our basketball coach?

That's not entertaining our job. It's a nice way to say he didn't want it. Remember with bonuses, he could make in excess of $3M at Wichita and has a job for life.
Idk, seems pretty entertaining to me

He entertained our job. Just said it would take a Brinks truck full of money dumped on his lawn to come here.

Time for donaldross to put up or shut up

Exactly. donaldross keeps posting about how this is the fault of the fans and about how rich he is, so he needs to get together with his rich friends (Sutton, Paul, etc) and make this happen. I realize donaldross broke off his friendship with Shah after the Karl Hess situation, and that it probably would not make a lot of sense for donaldross to ask his other friend, Elrod, for assistance, but donaldross still owns enough hotels to make this happen.

Is there a basketball Clawson? Elite private school grad, 12 seasons as a head coach by his late 40s, track record of winning championships?

A week with family for Thanksgiving, but after watching the abomination that was Houston Baptist on my phone during the holiday festivities I cannot believe he hasn't been fired yet. I've been plotting the electronic warfare against decision makers over the weekend, but something tells me this loss was so bad it won't come to that. I expect he will get the pink slip this week without the need for an aggressive campaign to get rid of him.

A week with family for Thanksgiving, but after watching the abomination that was Houston Baptist on my phone during the holiday festivities I cannot believe he hasn't been fired yet. I've been plotting the electronic warfare against decision makers over the weekend, but something tells me this loss was so bad it won't come to that. I expect he will get the pink slip this week without the need for an aggressive campaign to get rid of him.

You have a lot more faith in those than run Wake than I do.

Ain’t shutting up. And pretty damn proud for a 40 year old self made millionaire. If you or any of your stepfathers want to compare tax returns bring it.

I can’t do this by myself. I ain’t that damn rich.

What will it take? Phone calls? E-mails? Money? Influence? Publicity? How much needs to be done to get Wellman to announce Danny is gone? Lay out your plan and I'm sure the boards can figure out a way to support it. I still have hope that it happens sooner than later without the need for a massive alumni campaign to get the AD's office off their ass, but count me in on any campaign/plan to get Danny gone. My best idea so far is a mass e-mail and twitter campaign directed at the AD's office, Danny Manning himself, and influencers.

Ain’t shutting up. And pretty damn proud for a 40 year old self made millionaire. If you or any of your stepfathers want to compare tax returns bring it.
I'm definitely richer than you, but unfortunately my tax returns are under audit right now.

God, I hope you are wrong. The only established coach that would come to Wake now would be some old tired has been looking for one more job before retirement.

Sounds like a perfect Wellman hire. Guaranteed to be better than BZ and Manning but with zero upside and no chance of getting to the top half of the conference.

If we are going to do that, just pull the plug.

Yeah, that was a take on what I think is more likely...not what I want to happen. If Gregg Marshall is a legitimate option, though, I’d hope we would entertain an attractive contract for him to come here. Have loved his coaching and teams for years.

The most likely is Wake gets serious backing for a bigger name hire in hopes that fans will approve. Credibility is definitely hanging in the balance and I don’t think they will take any risks that can be avoided at this point.

Yeah, that was a take on what I think is more likely...not what I want to happen. If Gregg Marshall is a legitimate option, though, I’d hope we would entertain an attractive contract for him to come here. Have loved his coaching and teams for years.

The most likely is Wake gets serious backing for a bigger name hire in hopes that fans will approve. Credibility is definitely hanging in the balance and I don’t think they will take any risks that can be avoided at this point.

Until we know the money Danny will be owed it will be hard to tell if Wake can afford a big hire.

Until we know the money Danny will be owed it will be hard to tell if Wake can afford a big hire.

I think that’s the whole point...what is ‘affordable’ at this point is quickly becoming a secondary consideration...assuming WF is going to eventually get serious about fixing the mess we find ourselves in.

I love when people bring up guys like Greg Marshall to be our coach. Beyond delusional. Taking this job would be a step down for him.

The only coaches who will be remotely interested in this job are guys at small schools who have had moderate success to date. Hopefully, we can find a diamond in the rough.

I love when people bring up guys like Greg Marshall to be our coach. Beyond delusional. Taking this job would be a step down for him.

Wrong. ACC positions are coveted jobs in the college basketball world, and we’re going to be paying well. Wichita State is currently 3-3 with losses to LA Tech, Davidson, and Alabama. This might be a great year to lure Marshall away.

Back