• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WHY is he still our basketball coach?

Ultimate frisbee is brutal on the body

Sort of.

No surgeries in the last 20 years though; 3 happened within graduating, one due to a 30-foot rock climbing fall up in Banff BC (climbing partner dropped me back before jumar belay devices even existed); last one in 1998 was the only one ultimate frisbee-caused.

#toomuchinfo

Last edited:
We may now be at a point where the players would win a game of three on three against the coaches. Three of: Chill, Woodbury, Walters and replacement knee Manning vs three current players (you pick-em). Who do you like?

The coaches are old. The players would just drive to the basket. No question the coaches would win a game of horse though.

My understanding is that the coaches beat the players everyday in practice.

Are they players being coached by the coaches during this game? If so, then the coaches with the W.

He was on Golic and Wingo this a.m. at 9:30. I gladly missed his segment, but I didn't exactly love the reminder on national TV that he's still our coach.

He was on Golic and Wingo this a.m. at 9:30. I gladly missed his segment, but I didn't exactly love the reminder on national TV that he's still our coach.

I'm assuming they wanted him on to talk about the NBA Draft. I know they didn't want him on to talk college basketball.

This is exactly the kind of thing we thought would be a nice bonus for our program's respectability, exposure, and attractiveness to recruits when he was hired. How sad that this moves the needle none at all.

This is exactly the kind of thing we thought would be a nice bonus for our program's respectability, exposure, and attractiveness to recruits when he was hired. How sad that this moves the needle none at all.

It's actually a net negative at this point.

Sorta agree....

But this kinda dovetails to the incessant love-fests we heard every time a game was televised. Every broadcast team - seemingly on script - fawned over Manning for either his Kansas days, his NBA days, his 'plan' in rebuilding Wake....yadda yadda yadda. NONE of them ever said ANYTHING about his lack of results or the obvious player defections out of the program or the total loss of the student body and local fan base during his lackluster tenure.

Why the hell would a national radio show want to have on a shitty-ass, boring-ass coach from an irrelevant college basketball program?

*Sigh*. Contrast that with how awesome it was to see Clawson in the roundtable during the Clemson/ND semifinal.

No doubt. Just another bitter reminder to the world how dumb our AD is to retain the worse ACC coach after 4 years of abysmal play and no sign of improvement. In reality all signs point to more deterioration as the post grad pipeline becomes are primary source for talent and now pushing for the 300-500 ranked recruits for any that would want to come and get smacked around by HBU.

Back