• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WHY is he still our basketball coach?

Wrong. ACC positions are coveted jobs in the college basketball world, and we’re going to be paying well. Wichita State is currently 3-3 with losses to LA Tech, Davidson, and Alabama. This might be a great year to lure Marshall away.

If Greg Marshall is the coach for Wake, he won't move until March.

Agree with Rafi. MSD could be a great job and we’re in the best MBB conference in the country. If we are willing to pay...I think someone like Gregg Marshall would be interested under the right circumstances.

Although it is exactly the thing that's got all of us apoplectic right about now, it's important to remember that we also offer perhaps the strongest job security of any school in the power five.

IN for Marshall. Let’s make it happen! That kind of hire is an immediate and strong shot to the arm. Recruiting, attendance, and reputation wouldn’t slowly build back... I think it would be almost overnight. Make it happen.

Are we willing to pay Marshall $5-6M/year for ten years and fully guarantee it? Given what he can make at Wichita, that's probably about the minimum it will take.

With bonuses, he can make nearly $4M/year at Wichita. He could stay there until he retires. He'll need a significant raise and some assurances to give that up.

When i saw there was 739 people logged in to OGBoards i was hopeful it was due to some huge news regarding DM.... alas, i will go back to work.

Talking about Wake going after Gregg Marshall is about as productive as holding a 401K seminar at a homeless shelter.

You're talking about an AD who has absolutely imploded one of his two revenue sports. You honestly think the idiot would have sense enough to hire Marshall?

Talking about Wake going after Gregg Marshall is about as productive as holding a 401K seminar at a homeless shelter.

You're talking about an AD who has absolutely imploded one of his two revenue sports. You honestly think the idiot would have sense enough to hire Marshall?

no, if you cant read, majority of us think Ronnie will be excluded from the next serach

Would you care to explain how our athletic department hired Dave Clawson, Jim Grobe, Skip Prosser, Bobby Muuss, Tony Bresky, etc? Our athletic department has hired great coaches before and can do so again.

Would you care to explain how our athletic department hired Dave Clawson, Jim Grobe, Skip Prosser, Bobby Muuss, Tony Bresky, etc? Our athletic department has hired great coaches before and can do so again.

Sure, but Wake is not hiring Marshall or anybody like him. Marshall is way too brash, aggressive, and "colorful" to be a candidate at WF. Even if another AD in the future were inclined to hire him, I expect somebody higher up the food chain would squelch it.

Except for hiring Skip Prosser, every major decision that Wellman has made for our basketball program has been negative or at best questionable. There is something he just does not understand about basketball, it is more likely he got lucky with hiring Skip than he knew what he was doing.

Back