• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Bowl Game Thread

The stadium they play the independence bowl in is a dump. Hopefully, they play the bowl in Detroit indoors. Tampa is a fun place in December. Hope we go to Tampa

Hey Raleigh Deacs - where is the best place in town to catch the SEC championship game Saturday?

The Carolina Ale House downtown is pretty cool. Multiple levels, and fun bartenders. I enjoy the Flying Saucer as well. I'm sure there are cooler places, I'm just not very cool.

Just read that Va Tech has 55,000 living alumni in the greater DC area. Last time they were in the Military Bowl, they sold out their allotment in 36 hours and "basically filled up the rest of the stadium whatever wasn't allocated"

My personal preference from among the most likely destinations for the Deacs would be for Tampa. I think that if you are playing in one of those lower level bowls, playing in Florida is better than any of the other locations. Otherwise there isn't really any difference.

DC on New Year’s Eve is best way to fight to the top when you’re hot in the Military Bowl. All our constituencies match up best there. DC loves the Deacs!

DC on New Year’s Eve is best way to fight to the top when you’re hot in the Military Bowl. All our constituencies match up best there. DC loves the Deacs!

Yeah. That would be my second choice- it would be my first if we hadn't just played there 2 years ago.

Military bowl against Temple again would be kind of lame. Pass.

Since I'm not going to be able to attend anywhere, I'd personally prefer Shreveport as an homage to the first bowl game I can remember. Back when Oregon had cool uniforms.

We won’t be in the Military Bowl this year. Not exactly sure where we’ll go but it won’t be there.

We won’t be in the Military Bowl this year. Not exactly sure where we’ll go but it won’t be there.

I don't think it is likely but I haven't seen anything that definitely says we won't be going there.

I don't think it is likely but I haven't seen anything that definitely says we won't be going there.

Until you read Magic's post. If I remember correctly, he definitely knows what he's talking about here.

Back