• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Bowl Game Thread

Most of the fan base is a half day drive away from Tampa? How fast do you drive Ph? Damn

It’s like I didn’t mention weather and driving in the posts you two are replying to.

Warm weather, nice beaches and good food. Game is being played at Raymond James this year

P5 opponent is all I got.

DTW is a hella nice airport too

What’s your case for Birmingham and Detroit?

Only time I've been to Detroit was to go to a game at Tiger Stadium in its final year. We had no idea what to do with the other 6 hours in the city. I like Atwater Brewery's beers though.

Birmingham is a pretty fun town and Detroit’s got Motown. Tampa has titty bars

I know people who never went to a bowl game again after attending the papajohns bowl. Apparently "historic legion field" means "poorly maintained and probably structurally unsound Legion field".

Giglio's guesses from yesterday. He's less sure about the guesses in pencil.
DtLrrhnUcAAthlF.jpg:large

What would happen if Pitt somehow beats Clemson tomorrow?

Then the apocalypse is nigh. Earthquakes have already begun in Alaska.

Pitt goes to either the Fiesta or Peach Bowl (since the Orange Bowl is a semi-final this year). Clemson could still make the CFP so long as at least one but likely two of UGA, OK, and OSU lose and Clemson plays well in a loss, otherwise it would be ranked something around #5-7 and likely be given the bowl opposite Pitt (Fiesta or Peach).

Possible Bowl Lineup if Pitt wins based on Giglio's latest predictions and accounting for Pitt's win -
  • CFP Bowls
    • CFP/Peach/Fiesta - Clemson
    • Peach/Fiesta - Pitt
  • 1st Choice
    • Camping World - NC State
  • Tier 1
    • Belk - UVA
    • Pinstripe - Cuse
    • Sun - GT*
    • Gator - Miami
  • Tier 2
    • Military - VT
    • Independence - BC*
    • Quick Lane - Duke*
    • Heart of Dallas - WF

* - I moved up GT but it could also be BC or Duke in this scenario.

Last edited:
Pitt goes to either the Fiesta or Peach Bowl (since the Orange Bowl is a semi-final this year). Clemson could still make the CFP so long as at least one but likely two of UGA, OK, and OSU lose and Clemson plays well in a loss, otherwise it would be ranked something around #5-7 and likely be given the bowl opposite Pitt (Fiesta or Peach).

Possible Bowl Lineup if Pitt wins based on Giglio's latest predictions and accounting for Pitt's win -
  • CFP Bowls
    • CFP/Peach/Fiesta - Clemson
    • Peach/Fiesta - Pitt
  • 1st Choice
    • Camping World - NC State
  • Tier 1
    • Belk - UVA
    • Pinstripe - Cuse
    • Sun - GT*
    • Gator - Miami
  • Tier 2
    • Military - VT
    • Independence - BC*
    • Quick Lane - Duke*
    • Heart of Dallas - WF

* - I moved up GT but it could also be BC or Duke in this scenario.

I don't see Detroit wanting Duke in back to back years.

I don't see Detroit wanting Duke in back to back years.
Yeah, I quickly just moved teams up. Wake would probably go to Detroit then and Duke to Dallas.

On a related note, Clemson is going to smoke Pitt tomorrow so my post is an exercise in futility anyways.

The only way he misses on NC State to the Camping World is if West Virginia is chosen & the bowl wants a Big East rematch & chooses Syracuse. If not they will be playing Iowa State there I would imagine.

Back