• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Bowl Game Thread

SB Nation has us going to Detroit and Duke to Tampa. Guess they don't believe Duke when they say they won't go to Tampa because of exams. Be interesting to see if they would forego a bowl because of academics

Gameday made passing reference as well to UCF - if they lose they're likely going to Tampa. That would be very interesting even with their QB out and coming off a loss - would be a top 20 matchup. Plus would give UCF the matchup with Wake they desperately crave based on their fanbase continuing to call Wake out on twitter.

Gameday made passing reference as well to UCF - if they lose they're likely going to Tampa. That would be very interesting even with their QB out and coming off a loss - would be a top 20 matchup. Plus would give UCF the matchup with Wake they desperately crave based on their fanbase continuing to call Wake out on twitter.

Wait, what?

Damn. Life comes at you fast, Knights.

Wait, what?

Several UCF fans in their eternal crusade to prove they belong among the "big boys" have taken to calling out Wake as an example of a "weak P5" school where they believe UCF would provide significant more value to the big conferences. Have said nobody really thinks Wake is better than UCF or that Wake can hold their jockstrap. Been a decent amount of back and forth on that topic on Twitter.

ETA: My phrasing of "top 20 matchup" was definitely poor. Meant Wake would get a shot at a top 20 team - not that we'd be ranked in the top 20 (obviously).

Why are UCF fans calling out Wake?

SB Nation has us going to Detroit and Duke to Tampa. Guess they don't believe Duke when they say they won't go to Tampa because of exams. Be interesting to see if they would forego a bowl because of academics

Duke may be boxing themselves in if they won't go to Tampa. They were just in Detroit and I'm sure that they don't want to end up back there and I doubt that the bowl wants them back either.

This may be an obvious point, but I dont believe theres any relevant "prestige" difference between our bowl options. The most important factors are attendence, tv ratings, and weather. We want a bowl that Deacs will attend, an opponent that will drive tv ratings, and warm weather.

This may be an obvious point, but I dont believe theres any relevant "prestige" difference between our bowl options. The most important factors are attendence, tv ratings, and weather. We want a bowl that Deacs will attend, an opponent that will drive tv ratings, and warm weather.

Yeah if you tell a casual fan your bowl options are among Shreveport, Tampa or Detroit they’ll think the obvious best is Tampa

Getting UCF in Tampa is about as good as we could expect after a 6-6 season.

Yeah, I’m stoked. I’ll send you our itinerary as soon as I book flights. You can meet us in baggage claim.

Ph is going to be a very busy guy if we go to Tampa.

Back