• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Bowl Game Thread

Pitt goes to either the Fiesta or Peach Bowl (since the Orange Bowl is a semi-final this year). Clemson could still make the CFP so long as at least one but likely two of UGA, OK, and OSU lose and Clemson plays well in a loss, otherwise it would be ranked something around #5-7 and likely be given the bowl opposite Pitt (Fiesta or Peach).

Possible Bowl Lineup if Pitt wins based on Giglio's latest predictions and accounting for Pitt's win -
  • CFP Bowls
    • CFP/Peach/Fiesta - Clemson
    • Peach/Fiesta - Pitt
  • 1st Choice
    • Camping World - NC State
  • Tier 1
    • Belk - UVA
    • Pinstripe - Cuse
    • Sun - GT*
    • Gator - Miami
  • Tier 2
    • Military - VT
    • Independence - BC*
    • Quick Lane - Duke*
    • Heart of Dallas - WF

* - I moved up GT but it could also be BC or Duke in this scenario.

Remind me again why State is First Choice ahead of Cuse? I understand geography for fan support but Cuse already played in Yankee Stadium so why go back?

Why would the Camping World care who works better for a lesser bowl? They get the first choice to pick whoever they want, and they think State will draw better than Syracuse

I’m expecting that the AAC rep in the Gasparilla Bowl will be either USF (more likely) or Cincinnati.

Giglio tweeted again this evening that he is confident that Wake will be the ACC rep.

Why would the Camping World care who works better for a lesser bowl? They get the first choice to pick whoever they want, and they think State will draw better than Syracuse

This is correct. The Camping World Bowl has a unique status in that they get to pick whoever is they want, while the Belk, Pinstripe, Sun, Music City/Tax Slayer bowls work together with each other and the ACC to determine who goes where.

I’m expecting that the AAC rep in the Gasparilla Bowl will be either USF (more likely) or Cincinnati.

Giglio tweeted again this evening that he is confident that Wake will be the ACC rep.

Yup. Said it’s going from pencil to ink in short order.

Ph... No worries about extra blow up mattresses. I’ll bring my own.

(I’m so glad I moved away from Tampa a few years ago... Can’t imagine having to worry about all of these clowns showing up at my house.)

PH, how does your HOA feel about RVs parked in front of your place for a week or so?

Depends how well you can bribe/pleasure very particular women between the ages of 50-70.

Giglio has us in Tampa in his "almost certain" category this am.

Giglio posted this morning that he has been wrong all week about the ACC sending reps to both Dallas and Tampa. Now says it will be one or the other and that the ACC will fill a spot in Birmingham. This has been a point of confusion all week, and a difference between the Giglio projections and the national media.

He still sees Wake going to Tampa though.

The most likely scenario would seem to be BC or Duke to Shreveport with the other going to Birmingham. Then GT to Detroit and Wake to Tampa. If you don’t slot GT in Detroit, then all of a sudden you need Wake in Detroit because BC and Duke have played there within the last two years.

SI has us in Tampa vs USF

People seem to be coalescing around this matchup in their predictions. Makes a lot of sense. Kudos to SI for having this prediction in place almost from the moment we beat Duke. I don’t know much about USF but obviously safe to assume we would be outnumbered from a fan standpoint at the game.

Back