• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Bowl Game Thread

Yea and that ain't gonna happen. 100% not going to happen. One thing that Swofford has done a great job of during his tenure as Commish is to make sure that the ACC teams get a bowl bid during this new alignment during this BCS era of things. He finds a way to get teams into the places that the other Power 5 conferences don't have all of their team slots filled.

Except for 2001 when we stayed home with a 6-5 record. To be fair, there were only 25 bowl games then compared with 40 some now.

Liberty will likely become bowl eligible this weekend in their first season in FBS but will probably not land a bowl.

Don't forget to check prices to fly to Orlando. Sometimes cheaper than TPA

Sporting News has us going to the First Responder Bowl to play Marshall.

Orlando Sentinel has us in Gasparilla playing Tulane.

Playing Tulane again would suck pretty bad, even worse than when we played Navy twice...

Sporting News has us going to the First Responder Bowl to play Marshall.

Orlando Sentinel has us in Gasparilla playing Tulane.

It would be a little bit neat to play at the Cotton Bowl I guess.

Playing Tulane again would suck pretty bad, even worse than when we played Navy twice...

Yeah but a bowl game is just an excuse really to get out of town on a little vacation. So Id prefer to go to Tampa.

Yeah but a bowl game is just an excuse really to get out of town on a little vacation. So Id prefer to go to Tampa.

Don't get me wrong Tampa is my first choice, I have a free place to stay in St Pete. I just don't want to watch another Wake v. Tulane game...

Don't get me wrong Tampa is my first choice, I have a free place to stay in St Pete. I just don't want to watch another Wake v. Tulane game...

No one does. Literally, no one.

Think/hope that the bowls try to avoid rematches.

Back