• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Bowl Game Thread

Another example of the national media guys having a different understanding of where the 11th ACC team would go. Giglio says Dallas. ESPN, CBS and presumably now Mandel say Birmingham. Joe Giglio seems to be the authority on this from the ACC perspective, so I am going to trust that he is correct.

I agree with you. An ACC writer would have a much better handle on the interworking of the ACC bowl selections. And I don't think that a bowl match with Temple just 2 seasons after playing them in DC is in either the schools or the bowls best interest.

Most of the people doing this for major websites are just looking at records and making guesses, they don't have the sauces like Joey G. Bowl projections get traffic but not that much work is put into them

Most of the people doing this for major websites are just looking at records and making guesses, they don't have the sauces like Joey G. Bowl projections get traffic but not that much work is put into them

Also, the national guys aren't focused on the Birmingham, Detroit and Tampa bowls. At that point, they are just filing in names of eligible teams.

This is pretty comical. There were way more than 3 State guys and 4 UNC guys who emptied the benches and were taking swings. Probably should have been something like 10 and 12 or so. Previous bench clearing fights (Miami, Clemson, SC, etc) have resulted in much stiffer punishments.

Game was over so everyone was going out on the field anyway.

This is pretty comical. There were way more than 3 State guys and 4 UNC guys who emptied the benches and were taking swings. Probably should have been something like 10 and 12 or so. Previous bench clearing fights (Miami, Clemson, SC, etc) have resulted in much stiffer punishments.

Yea it is a joke. For only 7 people total to get stuff makes no sense. Should have been nothing and chalked up to the rivalry or it should have been way more. Jonas Pope being in the middle of it likely influenced most of this as the guys suspended were the ones prominently featured/captured in his video.

that article about liberty being a real school is uproariously funny. it's on the same level as university of Phoenix.

We better go to Tampa. Scored some sweet Cyber Monday deals on flights and have booked a hotel using points. If we don't make it there, looks like I'll have a few days of R&R in sunny FL.

Assuming VT beats Marshall -- which is a little dangerous since VT is only a 4.5 point fave -- would think Tampa will either be us or GT as both of our exams are done before then. BC's go through the day of the game and per Joey Bowls Duke has already opted out.

So if the Hokies take care of biz, you got a 50/50 shot!

Last edited:
Duke's exams end Dec 17. Wake's end Dec 15. Tech's end Dec 13.

We better go to Tampa. Scored some sweet Cyber Monday deals on flights and have booked a hotel using points. If we don't make it there, looks like I'll have a few days of R&R in sunny FL.

That's what I'm talking about!

I doubt they'd take us again so soon, but we did rep real strong there two years ago. And we gave them doughnuts.

Stranger things have happened

PH, is your pool heated?

Don't have a pool. But the amenity center pool is across the street. Just bought a heat lamp for my new outdoor patio with a grill and 55" TV though.

Would you still go to the bowl game even if we weren’t in it?

Would you still go to the bowl game even if we weren’t in it?

We actually talked about going, depending on who is playing. Tix are $25 via the bowl website for the endzone seats, so I'd imagine we could sit about anywhere. Compared to the Belk Bowl last year, the Gazperilla Bowl tix are significantly cheaper.

Bowl selections, for the most part, are based solely on $$$$$$$$.

We actually talked about going, depending on who is playing. Tix are $25 via the bowl website for the endzone seats, so I'd imagine we could sit about anywhere. Compared to the Belk Bowl last year, the Gazperilla Bowl tix are significantly cheaper.

I land at PBI on 12/20. If we make it to Tampa, I would probably rent a car and driver over the day.

I land at PBI on 12/20. If we make it to Tampa, I would probably rent a car and driver over the day.

We got a flight into MCO for almost half of the cost to fly directly into Tampa. So we too are driving over, and maybe taking a side trip to Universal Studios. We've both been to Disney, but never Universal.

Back