• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

David Cutcliffe

Blatant excuses from Cut in OP's presser:

We've got coaches going recruiting
We have players that are right around the corner from finals
They've had a lot of people hurt
"Young people"

It must be tough coaching such a game at such a school where you have to juggle so many unique challenges

Blatant excuses from Cut in OP's presser:

We've got coaches going recruiting
We have players that are right around the corner from finals
They've had a lot of people hurt
"Young people"

It must be tough coaching such a game at such a school where you have to juggle so many unique challenges

Just like if we had to play on Tuesdays.

Note to Cutcliffe. You coach Duke. NOT fucking Alabama. Don't act like this is some "outlier" (his words). You got your asses kicked by an EQUALLY good team.

Note to duke and fucking state. We are 9-7 vs ncsu and 11-5 against duke going back to 2003. Get over yourselves.

Clawson took over for Cutcliffe as OC @ Tennessee in 2008. Not sure if that led to some issues between them.

Newmans accuracy in the Pittsburgh game was just really poor and it really hurt our offense's ability to move the ball and keep the ball and our defense got worn down. I don't think it was anything really magical that Pittsburgh's defense was doing. The main difference between being the Atlantic and being in the coastal is that you could takeout Clemson who is an elite team and top to bottom I still think the Atlantic would be a little bit tougher

Just rewatched the ending of the game, and saw the handshake if that is what you would call it. Shame of Cutcliffe. He is a worthless POS

Funny how worked up people are getting about the handshake. It’s like we aren’t used to this being a legit rivalry between two perennial bowl teams.

Cutciiffe reminds me of a sour old maid. Being an intense competitor doesn't equate with being an angry loser.

Whether it is sincere or not, I appreciate the fact that Roy Williams almost always stops to talk with his opponent whether he wins or loses. It sends the right message, particularly in a time when hating your adversary seems to be the rule.

pretty sure Duke went 5 straight years (until this year) without playing Clemson or Florida state .

Cutciiffe reminds me of a sour old maid. Being an intense competitor doesn't equate with being an angry loser.

Whether it is sincere or not, I appreciate the fact that Roy Williams almost always stops to talk with his opponent whether he wins or loses. It sends the right message, particularly in a time when hating your adversary seems to be the rule.

Maybe but don’t you ever get the sense with Roy that he’s doing it precisely so people will say this sort of thing about him, thus cementing his good ole boy reputation?

In other words, if it is in fact insincere, what’s to be lauded about it.

Maybe but don’t you ever get the sense with Roy that he’s doing it precisely so people will say this sort of thing about him, thus cementing his good ole boy reputation?

In other words, if it is in fact insincere, what’s to be lauded about it.

Because it demonstrates good sportsmanship whereas Cutciiffe demonstrates bad sportsmanship. Gestures matter regardless of motives.

Just rewatched the ending of the game, and saw the handshake if that is what you would call it. Shame of Cutcliffe. He is a worthless POS

Ditto. That was like Coach K’s “handshake” with Dino after we beat Duke in 2008.

Cut has too much pride to lose to LOWF as does Duke. When they lose it hurts badly as Cut demonstrated at the end of the game.

Back