• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

David Cutcliffe

Did anyone else notice the "drive-by" handshake between Cutcliffe and Clawson? Cutcliffe may have gotten his ass handed to him, but he should've at least had the decency to stop for 2 seconds to shake Clawson's hand.

I was telling my wife in the first quarter that "Duke doesn't want to be here today." Since Dook is going to a bowl game, I would not want to be a player in a practice anytime soon. I'd run them. Hard. Coach K would take the benches out of the locker room and take away their Dook gear. If they win their bowl game, they get it back.

Note to Cutcliffe. You coach Duke. NOT fucking Alabama. Don't act like this is some "outlier" (his words). You got your asses kicked by an EQUALLY good team.

Outlier? They got their asses kicked last week too.

Other than cutcliffe doing his typical shtick, does he and Clawson have beef? Or is this just typical cutcliffe?

Note to Cutcliffe. You coach Duke. NOT fucking Alabama. Don't act like this is some "outlier" (his words). You got your asses kicked by an EQUALLY good team.
Agree with why you feel this way about the dismissiveness, however, it is really an advantage to always be underestimated. Maybe it’s the WF badge of honor in football.

Did anyone else notice the "drive-by" handshake between Cutcliffe and Clawson? Cutcliffe may have gotten his ass handed to him, but he should've at least had the decency to stop for 2 seconds to shake Clawson's hand.

I was watching for that; but I think Cutcliffe is like that whenever he loses. He appears not to be a gracious loser. However, his press conference was pretty honest; yet even there he didn't give Wake a ton of credit. It was more about Duke playing bad than Wake playing well.

Other than cutcliffe doing his typical shtick, does he and Clawson have beef? Or is this just typical cutcliffe?

I have no idea but of all coaches in the ACC, Cutcliffe has always impressed me as the one whose shit never stinks.

I was telling my wife in the first quarter that "Duke doesn't want to be here today." Since Dook is going to a bowl game, I would not want to be a player in a practice anytime soon. I'd run them. Hard. Coach K would take the benches out of the locker room and take away their Dook gear. If they win their bowl game, they get it back.

So he would have thrown a tantrum? If he doesn’t win a recruiting battle, do the players get to take his office chair?

That is some Droopy Dog bullshit right there. That guy is about as wet of a blanket as you can get as a head coach. Why is he even remotely considered as a decent HC in the ACC? What has he done of substance in a division that has produced absolutely nothing of merit recently?

Win consistently at Duke.

Well, dook makes Groves look like a packed stadium. He's just Jealous of our fan base.

I did laugh each time that the announcers made some comment about Duke's stadium being fabled or illustrious or some other term that definitely does not apply to it. It's a small crappy stadium. At least WF has a small nicer stadium.

Yes, but we never hosted the Rose Bowl in the 1940’s. I know they have upgraded their facilities but it does make you appreciate the recent upgrades we have made across the board. At least you don’t have to walk a mile to get to the visitors locker room.

Back