• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unc fires Fedora

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! On the bright side, UNC football hiring is equivalent to Wellmanesque-Basketball hires

Now who’s slowing down the Fed Spread?

This. It could be a really good gig but they keep hiring idiots.

That's probably because basketball is king at UNC, and the PTB don't want anything to compete with that, including football. The problem is that it's really hard to bring in a good coach who is willing to permanently settle for second-class status to Roy Williams, and to consistently see the spotlight year after year focused on the basketball program. If they ever get a really good coach, they'll soon leave for greener pastures where they can be the star, like Mack Brown to Texas.

Scott Satterfield from App State has to be high on this list.

They are bringing back Mack Brown until they are done paying the hat.

They are bringing back Mack Brown until they are done paying the hat.

I assume they’d go after really good assistants to do the real coaching, because I can’t imagine that being anything but a head coach in name only like Herm Edwards at Arizona State. The figure head that preaches life lessons and morals while the assistants actually coach football.

Kingsbury made $3.7M and he’s now going to be a coordinator at UNC? Good luck with that.

Fired P5 head coaches either become TV commentators or Coordinators at other P5 schools. I'm sure he would prefer a better situation but u*NC is not totally out of the realm of possibilities.

*actual university class attendance not required.

Fired P5 head coaches either become TV commentators or Coordinators at other P5 schools. I'm sure he would prefer a better situation but u*NC is not totally out of the realm of possibilities.

*actual university class attendance not required.

Fedora doesn't have the personality to be a tv commentator.

Back