• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unc fires Fedora

The Wake fan in me is worried about this. The realist says that if he couldn't make work at Texas over the last several years of his career, he can't do it in Chapel Hill.

The Wake fan in me is worried about this. The realist says that if he couldn't make work at Texas over the last several years of his career, he can't do it in Chapel Hill.

Listen to the realist. This is about riding out the buyout. Might end up with a HC in waiting.

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! On the bright side, UNC football hiring is equivalent to Wellmanesque-Basketball hires

If they'd been able to close the deal with Frank Beamer years ago, this would be a whole different discussion.

I'm not worried about Mack. I'd be more worried if they went after a young coach with enthusiasm and upside. I guess it's too big of a jump but Mike Houston would be great I think. Been successful at two D2 schools (taking citadel to conference championship for first time since 92) and success at JMU. Dude hasn't been unsuccessful anywhere. Whether it translates to a P5 program I don't know but I'd be more worried about someone like that than a old rehash hire.

Praying they hire Mack Brown. Dreading they screw up and hire a good one in Satterfield.

I'm not worried about Mack. I'd be more worried if they went after a young coach with enthusiasm and upside. I guess it's too big of a jump but Mike Houston would be great I think. Been successful at two D2 schools (taking citadel to conference championship for first time since 92) and success at JMU. Dude hasn't been unsuccessful anywhere. Whether it translates to a P5 program I don't know but I'd be more worried about someone like that than a old rehash hire.

After seeing Houston’s team up close and personal this year he and Satterfield would be great hires for UNC and a thorn in the side for the rest of the ACC IMO.

I’m stunned they didn’t seem to make a run at Satterfield. Maybe they did and he knows he can get a bigger gig in a few years *COUGH TENNESSEE*

Mack Brown to UNC. Hope he stays away from our top recruits.

Gotta love a major coaching search that lasts a day or two and ends up with a hire like this.

Has clearly been in the works for at least a few weeks.

They could do worse than Brown, but I’m skeptical that it works out well for UNC. Which is fine, since I want them to suck.

Will be interesting to see who he can get on staff.

Gotta love a major coaching search that lasts a day or two and ends up with a hire like this.

Has clearly been in the works for at least a few weeks.

They could do worse than Brown, but I’m skeptical that it works out well for UNC. Which is fine, since I want them to suck.

Will be interesting to see who he can get on staff.

At the end of the day, he just needs to be good enough for the Coastal Division.

Trying to get Klingsbury as OC and Czick as DC. Keeping Thigpen. Hiring Dre Bly for CBs.

Back