• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unc fires Fedora

ESPN saying Mack Brown is at the top of their list. I don’t understand that...One would think they would want a young up and coming coach

ESPN saying Mack Brown is at the top of their list. I don’t understand that...One would think they would want a young up and coming coach

Was just telling a buddy that they need to throw the bank at Venables.

Mack Brown is 67 years old. I don't know that he'll have the energy required to totally overhaul that program. It's going to take a ton of work.

Who’s the early candidates according to IC, Belichick, Sabin and Meyer?

They don't need a good coach. They need a guy who can handle the media while they funnel money to their players via their fake college. Mack Brown is perfect.

I so envy a AD with balls. Ours is neutered.

:squint:

Fedora got 7 years. They are talking about Mack Brown and guys like that because they can’t afford to hire the next guy with Fedora’s buyout.

The difference is he got fired the day after UNC’s season ended.

Wake hoops is just starting.

The parallel would be Wake firing Manning the day after an ACC tourney loss... Which is what I hope happens.

:squint:

Fedora got 7 years. They are talking about Mack Brown and guys like that because they can’t afford to hire the next guy with Fedora’s buyout.
Which is THREE MILLION A YEAR. That's like twice what we pay Dave Clawson.

Neutered indeed

UNC could pay all of their scholarship players about $35K a year for what they are paying Fedora to not coach.

Back