• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unc fires Fedora

UNC could have done a lot worse than Mack Brown. If he puts together a strong coaching staff, then UNC will likely improve and be more competitive in the weak Coastal division. Gene Chizik and Kliff Kingsbury would be very solid hires for UNC. I expect that UNC's football recruiting will also improve. With how weak the Coastal division is, it is not difficult to imagine UNC competing to win their division in a few years.

Chizik sucked at UNC like 2 years ago. Why is it going to be any different now?

Not sure why KK would take the OC job at UNC, particularly if money is an issue at UNC. If he is willing to be an OC, he could be hired by any school in the country including Bama, LSU, Texas, tOSU, Michigan, USC, FSU ; no one doubts KK's ability to design a prolific offense; why would he take the OC job at a bottom tier ACC school with money issues?

UNC can have Chizik. His UNC defenses sucked the first time he was there.

Looking forward to UNC fans cold reality when they awaken to the fact that Kingsbury has only ever lived/attended college/coached in the state of TX. I'm sure he wants to just up and move to NC.

Thanks for not touching Satterfield!

(he will still get poached but at least it's not UNC)

Thanks for not touching Satterfield!

(he will still get poached but at least it's not UNC)

I know of a few State fans who are ready for Doeren to hit the road already, Scott's named has come up quite a few times. You think State can lure him down the mountain if Dave gets the ax soon?

Chizik sucked at UNC like 2 years ago. Why is it going to be any different now?

Because one time he was a (failed) head coach at Auburn! Nothing says instant success like a coaching staff full of coaches who were let go on their way down.

Last edited:
I know of a few State fans who are ready for Doeren to hit the road already, Scott's named has come up quite a few times. You think State can lure him down the mountain if Dave gets the ax soon?

Dave isn't getting the Ax anytime soon. He's got a chance to win 10 games in a rebuilding year. Hes far from perfect on game day but hes really good at talent development, program building and recruiting. Stop talking to dumb State fans.

Dave isn't getting the Ax anytime soon. He's got a chance to win 10 games in a rebuilding year. Hes far from perfect on game day but hes really good at talent development, program building and recruiting. Stop talking to dumb State fans.

Is there some other kind of State fan that I'm not aware of?

Lolz. App fan throwing the holier than thou at State now. Love it!

UNC could have done a lot worse than Mack Brown. If he puts together a strong coaching staff, then UNC will likely improve and be more competitive in the weak Coastal division. Gene Chizik and Kliff Kingsbury would be very solid hires for UNC. I expect that UNC's football recruiting will also improve. With how weak the Coastal division is, it is not difficult to imagine UNC competing to win their division in a few years.

I'm not impressed with the actual coaching staff Brown is putting together so now I'm not expecting much improvement from UNC with Brown as their head coach.

I'm not impressed with the actual coaching staff Brown is putting together so now I'm not expecting much improvement from UNC with Brown as their head coach.

On a flight back to the US. There ia an owg wearing a baby blue undershirt, under a UNC athletic shirt, after taking off his UNC sweatshirt. Not making this up. Couldnt resist noting out loud "you lost the game, but maybe won the fight, but cant believe you hired Mack Brown". His wife laughed. Then overheard her saying "he must have gone to State".

Is this really a rebuilding year?

And what’s the best win out of those 10 games? FSU?

DD is great at beating bad teams and crap at beating teams with a pulse

Back