• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Deacon Football Preview Thread

Groulx told me he was likely redshirting. I would say Green will as well

Groulx told me he was likely redshirting. I would say Green will as well

But they can each still play 4 games.
Makes sense unless we get hit with a bunch of injuries.

My, how far we've come when we can talk about redshirting 4* players.

But they can each still play 4 games.
Makes sense unless we get hit with a bunch of injuries.

My, how far we've come when we can talk about redshirting 4* players.

Would have thought with the emergence of AT Perry, Waydale; then, Claude, Washington, and Surratt - that Greene would be most likely to redshirt of those two.

Must mean Hinton and Jaqurii have looked great to keep Groulx redshirted.

Yeah, if Groulx is redshirting this year that is a really really good sign for that position group.

I'm calling it now: Surratt is going to blow up this season and will be our best receiver by a decent margin.

Would have thought with the emergence of AT Perry, Waydale; then, Claude, Washington, and Surratt - that Greene would be most likely to redshirt of those two.

Must mean Hinton and Jaqurii have looked great to keep Groulx redshirted.

Also forgot Isaiah Isaac mentioned a few times by Connor/Les during practices. If he is playable, would make sense to redshirt Groulx.

Yeah, if Groulx is redshirting this year that is a really really good sign for that position group.

I'm calling it now: Surratt is going to blow up this season and will be our best receiver by a decent margin.

I'm looking at Hinton for a big year. He is fulltime committed to receiver this year. He is elusive. Defenders will think they have him coveted, and he will be open somewhere else. He has worked a lot to get where he is. I see that continuing as he becomes a featured receiver.

So Tabari Hines transferred from Wake to Oregon as a graduate transfer and did not have to sit out a year and then he transferred from Orgeon to NC State and is sitting out a year and will play for NC State during the 2020 season. He should be able to finish multiple graduate degrees with 3 years of graduate school between Oregon and NC State.

So Tabari Hines transferred from Wake to Oregon as a graduate transfer and did not have to sit out a year and then he transferred from Orgeon to NC State and is sitting out a year and will play for NC State during the 2020 season. He should be able to finish multiple graduate degrees with 3 years of graduate school between Oregon and NC State.

Where do you see he's sitting out? The below article makes it seem like he's playing for State this year.

https://247sports.com/college/north-carolina-state/Article/NC-State-Football-2019-Burning-Questions-Wide-ReceiversTight-Ends-133526452/

I thought Hines was eligible immediately?

We lose Detroit and Shreveport for San Diego and Jacksonville. Thank you very much!

Jax is already an ACC bowl (sometimes). Not that they would ever pick us anyway, the bastards

From your keyboard to GOD's ear.

I like Surratt this year too. I think the RPO fits his abilities really well. He can block well, which keeps the CB on their toes, and if the LBs step up to the LOS on that delayed hand off, then he should have the slant open all day long. He is too big for the DB to fight through on that play.

I am really surprised to see so many meh predictions for Wake this year. Last year was the rebuilding year to me and we ended it winning 3 of 4 against pretty good teams.

This year seems to be the season that has potential to really be a big year.

Back