• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Deacon Football Preview Thread

I have a gut feeling that Mike Allen is going to be surprisingly good this year. Almost like his development is intentionally being kept quiet. I don’t have any info or facts to back it up, but I can be optimistic at least one more week.

He acted like he was having difficulty adjusting to DT Saturday when I talked to him about it so this is a good sign

How do you pronounce Groulx

BeneficialImmenseBass-small.gif

Hope I'm wrong but as I've occasionally read here, our marching band numbers has dwindled from about 110-115 to maybe 80-85 over the past 2-3 seasons. Really hoping the new director can reverse this trend....quickly.

Trumpet player from the mid '80's here- the band was pretty good back at that time even if the numbers were small we had good sound.

We had a young director, Marty Province, and the best feature twirler in the country if I don't say so myself! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Wake has always had trouble keeping band numbers up. People who were in marching band in HS find other things to do with their time. Or Wake does it for them with afternoon classes and labs.

If Hatch wants a big band, he'll have to spend more on the program. Make the musicians a offer that they would be nuts to refuse.

I'm pretty sure that for my senior year, 88/89, the football poster was a picture of the band with the caption, 'Wake the Nation.'

Not sure where to ask this but this seems like a decent thread to. I bought two tix to the UNC game off of Stubhub and received them in the mail today. They were hill tickets but the tickets say "youth" and "$5.00" on the face. I've never seen a ticket say youth or have that price on it before. Did I get scammed?

Not sure where to ask this but this seems like a decent thread to. I bought two tix to the UNC game off of Stubhub and received them in the mail today. They were hill tickets but the tickets say "youth" and "$5.00" on the face. I've never seen a ticket say youth or have that price on it before. Did I get scammed?

The hill package has always included two adult and two youth tickets. Sounds like you bought the youth hill tickets someone didn't want

How young do you look zqglass? Might have to shave the facial hair to get in. :eek:

The hill package has always included two adult and two youth tickets. Sounds like you bought the youth hill tickets someone didn't want

Whew, thanks for easing my mind. I may buy some hill season ticket packages next year if you get two of them for 5 bucks a game. Dude who sold them to me made a good lick on them for the UNC game.

Back