• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Deacon Football Preview Thread

We don't play a team rated significantly higher than us until Game 9. This season sets up very well for us.

Chris Fallica was breaking down the WF schedule as part of his pick on WF OVER the 6.5 win total, and he said WF should be no worse than 5-1 after the first 6. Hope that analysis bears out.

Is VT at 29 reasonable? I'm asking because I don't know. I read the story on 247 about a group of VT players talking about throwing the last game because they didn't want to go to a bowl game. I understand that those guys are gone but it seems hard for a program to recover from something like that.

Why does Duke have 10 votes in the coaches poll? I just don't get every year now they get votes and we never get any

Why does Duke have 10 votes in the coaches poll? I just don't get every year now they get votes and we never get any

Didn't Spurrier always give Duke a vote since he coached there? Maybe some of his assistants from that staff are still doing that or something?

Probably a combination of that and way too much respect for Cutcliffe. They lost a lot.

Is VT at 29 reasonable? I'm asking because I don't know. I read the story on 247 about a group of VT players talking about throwing the last game because they didn't want to go to a bowl game. I understand that those guys are gone but it seems hard for a program to recover from something like that.

AIR, VT is ranked 76th in 2020 recruiting....that's historically low for them....and not good for Fuentes.

Didn't Spurrier always give Duke a vote since he coached there? Maybe some of his assistants from that staff are still doing that or something?

That should be good for a vote or two not 10. I mean I haven't even heard anything about Daniel Jones replacement it isn't easy to replace a first round draft pick especially at places like Duke

Chris Fallica was breaking down the WF schedule as part of his pick on WF OVER the 6.5 win total, and he said WF should be no worse than 5-1 after the first 6. Hope that analysis bears out.

It was over 5.5, not 6.5

The artificial divisions engineered by the ACC with VA Tech and Miami off-setting FSU and Clemson as the powers to be playing high profile championship games has been a dismal failure. Maybe a catastrophic VT down-slide makes restructuring to more traditional alignments more appealing. Not to restart that debate. Just daydreaming at work waiting for football,

Deacs #53 in The Athletic's ranking of all 130 teams: https://theathletic.com/1145252/201...preseason-130-college-football-rankings-2019/

Opponents:

Utah State - 65
Rice - 127
UNC - 99
Elon -N/A
BC - 61
Louisville - 101
FSU - 40
NCSU - 46
VT - 29
Clemson - 1
Duke - 67
Syracuse - 23

Means nothing, but here on the O/U on win totals for those teams above... And if that number is shaded either way.
Utah State: 6.5 (OVER -125)
North Carolina: 5.5 (UNDER -165)
Boston College: 6 (UNDER -120)
Louisville: 3.5 (OVER -130)
Florida State: 7.5 (OVER -130)
NC State: 7 (OVER -150)
Virginia Tech: 8 (OVER -145)
Clemson: 11.5
Duke: 5.5
Syracuse: 7.5 (OVER -140)

Where do you see 5.5???

It is 6.5 at my book. You can get 6 some places, but it's like -130 on the OVER.

Think it was Caesars?

Most of his picks were heavily juiced toward the side he was taking. He thought it was worth it given the small margin for error.

Also I love the mystery over people's books, but 6 wins is -110/-110 at 5dimes

I have Wake at 100/1 to win the ACC and 2,000/1 to win it all, ya pussies

Think it was Caesars?

Most of his picks were heavily juiced toward the side he was taking. He thought it was worth it given the small margin for error.

Also I love the mystery over people's books, but 6 wins is -110/-110 at 5dimes

One of the best things about the proliferation of sports wagering is the ability to get different lines on things as obscure as Wake Forest win totals at various books.

I’m just shocked 5.5 was out there somewhere (at less than like -180).

Back