• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Deacon Football Preview Thread

Wait, do you have to be a certain age to use the youth tickets?

They have checked at some games in the past. While I dont blame them for making extra $$$, but Wake has really oversold the hill the past few years. Sure most games are fine, but clemson, notre dame, unc, etc have a ton of adults there who likely bought youth tickets on secondary markets

For the UNC game I'd advise getting in 30 min before kick or else you wont get a spot with a view

So I guess what I'm asking is should I send these back to stubhub and get my money back, or not worry about it because they usually don't check.

I'd bet for UNC they would be checking. I should clarify they dont check at the entry gate but likely check at the hill entrance

I think worst case you'd still in the stadium

I'd bet for UNC they would be checking. I should clarify they dont check at the entry gate but likely check at the hill entrance

I think worst case you'd still in the stadium
+1 I've never had them check youth or adult getting into stadium and yeah the hill package is a great value to get yourself next year

Not sure where to post but it looks like Jeremiah Gray has quit football. I'd assume there is a physical risk, but best of luck to him either way.

Not sure where to post but it looks like Jeremiah Gray has quit football. I'd assume there is a physical risk, but best of luck to him either way.

Yeah. Just saw that too. Odd. Also seemed almost like he was leaving Wake in his post.

Best wishes to him as he pursues other endeavors. Here's to him finishing his degree, whether at Wake or elsewhere.

Was he projected to get playing time this season?

No. The four freshmen on defense best aligned to play more than four games are Shamar McCollum, Chase Jones, Trey Rucker and Isaiah Essissima.

There's no health risk involved, his post says it all, that he just doesn't want to play football and wants to find his passion. He's not enrolling at Wake.

Last edited:
I thought Walker would be one of the top 4 freshmen based on everything I’ve read.

I thought Walker would be one of the top 4 freshmen based on everything I’ve read.

Yeah, he's the only offensive one (as of now, because Donavon Greene came on strong in the last week once healthy). Edited it to say the four freshmen on defense.

Wow. What a negative surprise, especially at this time. I was really high in him.
And his father was very vocal in praising all things Wake during the recruiting period.
I’d love to know why he changed his mind, although it’s his decision and I hope he does well in whatever he decides to do.

Wow. What a negative surprise, especially at this time. I was really high in him.
And his father was very vocal in praising all things Wake during the recruiting period.
I’d love to know why he changed his mind, although it’s his decision and I hope he does well in whatever he decides to do.

Conor and Les - can you guys check into this?

So I guess what I'm asking is should I send these back to stubhub and get my money back, or not worry about it because they usually don't check.

Keep 'em. I've had Hill tickets for more than 10 yrs and have never paid attention to which tickets I have (Adult vs Youth) and I've never been questioned.

I think J Gray was one of our first commits last year. Now we know where the extra 'ships are coming from for the 2020 class. NEXT MAN UP.

Walker is playing he named the four on defense

There's no health risk involved, his post says it all, that he just doesn't want to play football and wants to find his passion. He's not enrolling at Wake.

FWIW he was working out this morning at 5am in CLT wearing Wake gear

Back