• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lyle Hemphill Promoted to Defensive Coordinator

Love this. Was hoping it would be the case. Clearly the dude knows what he’s doing based on the last few weeks. Claw, Cohen, Hemphill and the rest of the guys got the most possible out of our team. It seems apparent our team loves our staff and they feed off each other.

Can’t say he didn’t earn it. I’m most interested to see who fills the open spot on the staff.

Per the official website. Dave Cohen promoted to assistant to the defensive coordinator as well

I love Dave Clawson.

His decisions just make sense. We could have used injuries as an excuse to justify not making a bowl, but instead our staff got together, righted the ship, and got us back to a bowl.

Congratulations to those promoted!

Hard to argue against it coming off a beat down like that. Adds some continuity and frees up Clawson to hire an assistant before the bowl game or afterward.

Per the official website. Dave Cohen promoted to assistant to the defensive coordinator as well

Assistant to the defensive coordinator or assistant defensive coordinator?

The transformation of our defense was remarkable. You can see signs of it even at State and Pittsburgh and yesterday was the culmination

The transformation of our defense was remarkable. You can see signs of it even at State and Pittsburgh and yesterday was the culmination

Amazing what good coaching can do, isn't it? Hmmm...

I trust Clawson. I just hope we can get a better AC than DC on the open market. I appreciate the stability headed into the bowl and winter recruiting.

Not easy to right a sinking ship in mid-voyage in open seas. Hemphill and Cohen earned it.

I trust Clawson. I just hope we can get a better AC than DC on the open market. I appreciate the stability headed into the bowl and winter recruiting.

I think that’s the case.

Interested to see what scheme they implement next season. Stick with the 4-2-5 or move to a 4-3? I even saw some 3-4 yesterday.

We used some 3-3-5 the last few weeks.

I actually thought the turning point was vs Syracuse. I thought our D played a fantastic game. Made big time 4th down stops and had some Cuse drives start deep in wake territory. A very misleading 41 points. The offense doing nothing that game led to the D being gassed.

Interesting the difference in our two major programs. Football fires a coach mid-season, which seems harsh but in the end allowed for us to turn the season into a success.

Will basketball make a major change mid-season, with the hope that we could salvage something there? I doubt it.

Can’t say he didn’t earn it. I’m most interested to see who fills the open spot on the staff.

Indication is that Tom Gilmore will hold that spot as the outside linebackers coach. But we'll probably get more of an understanding on this in the next month or so (given staff remains as it is).

Forgot about Gilmore. Looks like things are set for next year unless someone leaves on their own.

Wonder how that will sit with Cohen. He is a former HC and DC. This makes two times that Clawson has not named him DC when that job was open.

Wonder how that will sit with Cohen. He is a former HC and DC. This makes two times that Clawson has not named him DC when that job was open.

He may not want it. His promotion probably puts his salary on a similar level. He may just love coaching DL. He’s obviously really good at it.

Back