• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report on Western Carolina Catamounts 7 pm Tuesday - ACC Network

We will likely win easily, thereby making us get frustrated all over again because we also should’ve easily demolished HBU.

Who cares. The rest of the ACC is playing in the Challenge.

Manning has us on the outside looking in.

I'm conflicted. I feel badly for our players, but I admit that I'd like to see the wheels come off the bus, to get Manning out.

I'd venture to say that with a home loss to HBU the wheels are already off and the bus is in a ditch.

Yeah, I understand those that want us to suck so we can move on... But I just don’t have it in me.

If nothing else, I’d like the players and team to improve so that the job of the next coach is a little less of a teardown/rebuild.

I also just enjoy watching us play too much to want us to lose.

I'm conflicted. I feel badly for our players, but I admit that I'd like to see the wheels come off the bus, to get Manning out.
Yep, this is exactly how I felt for the last two years of the buzzaster. I hate it but it’s for the best.

Back in the day of the old Carolinas Conference and before the ACC was taking black players, many great players played at NAIA schools. Guilford had ML Carr and Lloyd B Free, High Point had Gene Littles and WCU had a guard named Henry Logan. Logan used to fill the gyms in every game with his leaping and scoring abilities. With a 3 point line, he would have averaged over 40 ppg for his career.

Back in the day of the old Carolinas Conference and before the ACC was taking black players, many great players played at NAIA schools. Guilford had ML Carr and Lloyd B Free, High Point had Gene Littles and WCU had a guard named Henry Logan. Logan used to fill the gyms in every game with his leaping and scoring abilities. With a 3 point line, he would have averaged over 40 ppg for his career.

i saw him (Logan) play and he was an exciting player. The old Carolina's Conference tournament (I believe that was the name) used to be played at the Memorial Coliseum. There was some great competition especially between Logan and Littles.

Yes, you are right. I recall Charlie Harvell showing his highlights on WGHP 8 in High Point. I never had the privilege of watching him at the old coliseum. I think he played a few years in the NBA, ABA and then with the Globtrotters. He was the first black collegiate athlete in North Carolina.

Yes, you are right. I recall Charlie Harvell showing his highlights on WGHP 8 in High Point. I never had the privilege of watching him at the old coliseum. I think he played a few years in the NBA, ABA and then with the Globtrotters. He was the first black collegiate athlete in North Carolina.

I know that Littles played in the ABA if not the NBA; but I didn't recall what happened with Logan after college. He was a highlight reel though.

Lower level corner tickets cost $20 on the Wake sports site. Lower level center tickets are available on Stubhub for $6. I love the way markets work and transmit meaningful information through prices. :)

I bet it will be fairly easy to find free tickets outside the Joel or at least some for $5 or less.

My dear old alma mater would have to pay me to come to a game.

We fell from #111 to #127.

We will not lose this game. I mean, I have no basis for saying that other than it seems highly unlikely we'd have two historically bad losses in a row. Hoard might need to score 40, but I think we'll get it done.

Nov 10, 2017 Georgia Southern L 83–85 0–1
Nov 14, 2017 Liberty L 66–79 0–2
Nov 17, 2017 vs. Drake L 74–77 0–3

Most of the seats listed on Vivid are $8 and below, with most below that. However, they have a $61 per ticket price for sec 120, row W. Anybody have any idea why those are so expensive?

Good grief. We have the most cupcake schedule ever and Manning can’t even navigate it. Really scheduling the heavyweights.

Most of the seats listed on Vivid are $8 and below, with most below that. However, they have a $61 per ticket price for sec 120, row W. Anybody have any idea why those are so expensive?
Especially when you can buy the $8 ticket and have your choice of seats in section 120

If anyone here goes to the game please do a legit headcount at tipoff and start posting the real numbers here. We need to concentrate more on the financial losses vs how much is the buyout.

If anyone here goes to the game please do a legit headcount at tipoff and start posting the real numbers here. We need to concentrate more on the financial losses vs how much is the buyout.

Yeah, go with a clip board and make tally marks for each person you see. Make sure you don’t double-count people who go to the bathroom or food and come back to their seats. Also make sure you don’t miss anyone who comes in late or leaves early. I want a legit headcount real number here.

Nov 10, 2017 Georgia Southern L 83–85 0–1
Nov 14, 2017 Liberty L 66–79 0–2
Nov 17, 2017 vs. Drake L 74–77 0–3

None of those losses were even in the same ballpark as HBU. Or this Western Carolina game.

Tiers.

Back