• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report on Western Carolina Catamounts 7 pm Tuesday - ACC Network

So much for experience over youth. Johnson almost cost us the game and 2 freshmen turned the game in our favor.

Hoard, Muccius, Wright, Brown and Childress...those are our best players. Our bigs are virtually useless.

Who coaches our bigs again?

Man, I've probably watched around 98% of Wake basketball games over the last decade. I'm really starting to lose interest. This is just not fun to watch.

i was there and the apathy among much of the Joel was palpable. Even the Deac was just chilling in a chair for much of the game. Seriously.

There were a few moments, near the end of the game where you could tell that Chill and Hoard were like "Heck no we ain't losing to these clowns" and then go score the ball with some urgency. Why not act that way the whole GAME?

Our defensive rotations continue to be the worst I have ever seen. Opposing teams know to have their shooters camp in the corners. It happens EVERY. GAME. After five years it gets pretty predictable from a scouting perspective. Losing Doral was a big deal. We miss his interior defense and back door alley oops. WCU actually ran some plays and made our defense look well...defenseless.

Nestor is the only assistant I saw that even spoke to Manning at any length. Childress said and did nothing that I could see. Its a caustic dynamic going on.

Some people got free doughnuts, so that was nice.

We're going to get crushed in ACC play. Pitt, Lville, ND and BC have all looked better than I expected in the B10 Challenge from preseason expectations.

We're going to get crushed in ACC play. Pitt, Lville, ND and BC have all looked better than I expected in the B10 Challenge from preseason expectations.

I'd hate it for the players to go 0'fer in ACC play, but that would surely get Manning canned. Hopefully only winning 2 or 3 league games would too.

Great stat and very telling. For basically 75% of the game Wake Forest was outplayed by 19 points by one of the worst D1 teams. This just 1 game after the worst home loss in Wake Forest history. Danny Manning's grave is open and ready to go, but Ron Wellman is the worst pallbearer in history as he has shown 2 times in a row.

I would argue that the other pallbearers are worse, since they could push Wellman into the grave as well and bury them both.

Great stat and very telling. For basically 75% of the game Wake Forest was outplayed by 19 points by one of the worst D1 teams. This just 1 game after the worst home loss in Wake Forest history. Danny Manning's grave is open and ready to go, but Ron Wellman is the worst pallbearer in history as he has shown 2 times in a row.

“Ron Wellman is the worst pallbearer in history”

That is a great line.

i was there and the apathy among much of the Joel was palpable. Even the Deac was just chilling in a chair for much of the game. Seriously.

There were a few moments, near the end of the game where you could tell that Chill and Hoard were like "Heck no we ain't losing to these clowns" and then go score the ball with some urgency. Why not act that way the whole GAME?

Our defensive rotations continue to be the worst I have ever seen. Opposing teams know to have their shooters camp in the corners. It happens EVERY. GAME. After five years it gets pretty predictable from a scouting perspective. Losing Doral was a big deal. We miss his interior defense and back door alley oops. WCU actually ran some plays and made our defense look well...defenseless.

Nestor is the only assistant I saw that even spoke to Manning at any length. Childress said and did nothing that I could see. Its a caustic dynamic going on.

Some people got free doughnuts, so that was nice.

Been that way for quite awhile and is disturbing to see....the disinterested look by a coach is pathetic.

Someone please explain why the fuck Torry Johnson plays. He sucks. Not only does he play, last night he played more minutes than fucking Hoard and Mucius. He was playing in crunch time too until after he had a Childress/Houston Baptist level sequence in which he looked like he was intentionally trying to throw the game.

The sad part is, there is a version of this team where the correct lineups are played, everything runs through Hoard and Wright and Mucius take big step forward, and we are a bubble team. But the coaching is just as bad as some of the on court play.

Someone please explain why the fuck Torry Johnson plays. He sucks. Not only does he play, last night he played more minutes than fucking Hoard and Mucius. He was playing in crunch time too until after he had a Childress/Houston Baptist level sequence in which he looked like he was intentionally trying to throw the game.

The sad part is, there is a version of this team where the correct lineups are played, everything runs through Hoard and Wright and Mucius take big step forward, and we are a bubble team. But the coaching is just as bad as some of the on court play.

This. They are gifted offensive players. Make the defense recognize that, hopefully draw some double teams, etc. As is, we just pass around the perimeter, high screen and roll, hope for the best.

Answer: Danny Manning

If I'm opposing coaches, I'm doubling Hoard at all times in the post and forcing Sarr to make layups. Only time Hoard is allowed to get the ball is when he's out on the perimeter, so he can jack up a 3. Because our offense sucks.

Back