• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our State

Non alum as well, grew up and currently live in winston. Granddad went to wake and wake med. He took me to every wake basketball game until I left for college (went elsewhere). My parents had tickets to bball and football so I grew up a huge deac. I do cheer for my alma mater more now but wake is right behind and the demise of wake basketball is the worst sports related thing my life has seen.

The biggest problem Wake is going to face over the next couple of decades is losing fans like the ones you see on this thread. Kids growing up today like me and deacfan don't give a flying fuck about Wake basketball and won't as adults. People mention how badly the school and AD needs fans like us, and they're not wrong. Imagine how many kids living in Winston, and children of alums Wake is missing out on now, and in the future because of the past decade of ineptitude.

Happy to have all the non-alum's on our side! Surprised to see so many of you aboard.

I'm a Wake alum, met and married my Wake alum wife there and our only son is a Wake alum.

We are firmly entrenched in the old gold and black! GO DEACS! :thumbsup:

Undergrad at EZU. Wake's tuition is a tough sell when you know you're going into public education, and I got a full ride down to G-vegas. Still actively pulled for the Deacs at Dowdy in 01 and traveled to Winston to pull against my alma mater the next two years. Dad was from Winston and a die hard Deac, and Chill and Timmy defined my youth. Can't imagine there's many like me in the next gen.

The biggest problem Wake is going to face over the next couple of decades is losing fans like the ones you see on this thread. Kids growing up today like me and deacfan don't give a flying fuck about Wake basketball and won't as adults. People mention how badly the school and AD needs fans like us, and they're not wrong. Imagine how many kids living in Winston, and children of alums Wake is missing out on now, and in the future because of the past decade of ineptitude.

I have a younger cousin (high school age) and when I was his age I remember all my friends (the ones without tarhole or duke parents) were wake fans and loved going to the games. He and his friends couldn't care less, to them wake is just some small school in their city that sucks at basketball and has a small football stadium.

I can be an asshole sometimes, and I apologize for that, but I mean well. Go Deacs, from a fan that’s not a grad

ETA: I get as frustrated as all of you, but default to optimism

Just realized I used the wrong emoji, oops. Fix here

🙋🏽‍♂️

I have a younger cousin (high school age) and when I was his age I remember all my friends (the ones without tarhole or duke parents) were wake fans and loved going to the games. He and his friends couldn't care less, to them wake is just some small school in their city that sucks at basketball and has a small football stadium.

There is next to nobody under the age of 30, with connections to Wake or Winston Salem, that have one iota of passion for the Wake Forest Basketball program. Convince me otherwise. The fucking students care more about Soccer and I don't even blame them. (Go Footie Deacs for the record!).

There is next to nobody under the age of 30, with connections to Wake or Winston Salem, that have one iota of passion for the Wake Forest Basketball program. Convince me otherwise. The fucking students care more about Soccer and I don't even blame them. (Go Footie Deacs for the record!).

I do, but know maybe two other people who do that are my age.

That's funny you say that about soccer. I liked Wake soccer growing up but not even remotely close to bball or football. I've been to more soccer games in the past 2 years than football and basketball combined, and maybe even if you doubled those two.

I work with several Wake Alums and said to one of them Sunday afternoon, "how about about that game yesterday?" He looks at me What game? I said the Wake v. Duke game at Wally Wade, we won by 52 points!

Guy just does not give a flying fuck about Wake athletics....

Back