• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best 6-6 teams

DeacAssured

Reaction score
Interested in the best 6-6 teams because I definitely see Wake Forest as the top team at 6 and 6 but others may disagree. WF has a 1000 plus yards WR and the rest of the crew with great stats. We've got great combined rushing yards between Carney and Colburn (sounds like a circus act) with a couple 200 plus yard days. We're apparently QB University with three decent to very good QBs with really good numbers.
Teams with our stats are frequently at 7 or 8 wins, sometimes 9. Any others better?

6-6 OK State and Purdue would both be healthy favorites over WF.

6-5 S. Carolina would be as well.

The only 6-6 teams I would have in front of us would be Oklahoma St and Purdue. I feel we are pretty even with TCU and Vandy, and just ahead of Minnesota and South Carolina.

The only 6-6 teams I would have in front of us would be Oklahoma St and Purdue. I feel we are pretty even with TCU and Vandy, and just ahead of Minnesota and South Carolina.
Saying WF is "top team" of 6-6 teams is probably a little homerish but we just looked so good against State and Duke at times. Wiser choice is to take OKState and Purdue over WF today. But I wouldn't mind WF having a shot at them in a bowl game cause ya never know. If we have Colburn and Henderson back and everyone healed up WF can execute well against those teams.

Saying WF is "top team" of 6-6 teams is probably a little homerish but we just looked so good against State and Duke at times. Wiser choice is to take OKState and Purdue over WF today. But I wouldn't mind WF having a shot at them in a bowl game cause ya never know. If we have Colburn and Henderson back and everyone healed up WF can execute well against those teams.

Oh I absolutely think Wake could take the Boilers and the Cowboys at this point in the season, they both just have much better wins than the Deacs. I honestly can't believe OK State ended up 6-6.

Great topic: would be interested to hear everyone's thoughts on if we had lost to NCSU and gone 5-7, how would we stack up against other teams with that record. Got to give Florida State the nod based on our head-to-head, but we'd spank that 5-7 Charlotte's ass for sure.

Great topic: would be interested to hear everyone's thoughts on if we had lost to NCSU and gone 5-7, how would we stack up against other teams with that record. Got to give Florida State the nod based on our head-to-head, but we'd spank that 5-7 Charlotte's ass for sure.

There are actually a couple of 5-7 teams ahead of us in the S&P rankings, and Nebraska is ahead of us at 4-8 somehow...

Hiw do you think we’d do against 7-5 Pitt ?

But remember, UNCC's a better job.

Everyone agrees that with South Carolina having 500 yards against Clemson and Clemson mostly leaving in their starters they would be heavy favorites against us. We would have to have all of our defensive guys back and everything go right just to be in the game against them.

Back