Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes Miller Watch 2018-2019

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball State Deac View Post
    Wes Miller is now the all-time leader in victories at UNCG. He is 125-112.
    Is he the all time leader n losses as well?

It would be foolish not to consider Wes Miller. There may be better choices, but he should be in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttermaker View Post
    Is he the all time leader n losses as well?
    His predecessor lost 181 games https://www.greensboro.com/sports/co...ee1c88d5f.html

Quote Originally Posted by knowell View Post
    It would be foolish not to consider Wes Miller. There may be better choices, but he should be in the mix.
    Exactly.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Hiring the son of one of the biggest basketball donors is a pretty bad look unless heís obviously the best candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Hiring the son of one of the biggest basketball donors is a pretty bad look unless heís obviously the best candidate.
    if he wins, who gives a shit. and does it really matter either way? "take a look around you Ellen!! we're at the threshold of hell!!"

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForest Fan View Post
    if he wins, who gives a shit. and does it really matter either way? "take a look around you Ellen!! we're at the threshold of hell!!"
    The "if he wins" is the big IF. Why would anyone claim bias in the selection process if the coach wins? If he wins, then the selection process self-validates. The issue with the donor connection comes (and grows) is he doesn't win.

manning isn't winning. i'm just saying a pile of poop biscuits is a better option at this point. if the donors care about the connection they are part of the problem. wes miller is a legit candidate for a major coaching job. he won't be at UNCG much longer. not hiring him because of "connections" is D U M B

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Itíll be offset by firing one of our greatest basketball alums while his son is still on the team.

Or by firing our head coach and his son.

Plenty of nepotism to go around!

The Brotherhood? Nah. Wake Forest Basketball is a family. Literally.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    Itíll be offset by firing one of our greatest basketball alums while his son is still on the team.

Or by firing our head coach and his son.

Plenty of nepotism to go around!

The Brotherhood? Nah. Wake Forest Basketball is a family. Literally.
    The Childress connection is one of the reasons I expect Danny to at least finish the season, if not get another year. Wake is unlikely to put Randolph on the street before Brandon graduates.

If Randolph really wants to have a BB head coaching career, he needs to find a head coaching job at a midmajor or a top assistant job at another P6 BB school not in the ACC soon.

All we should care about is winning at this point. I was a fan of the Manning hire and he has taken us backwards with solid recruits. That is not acceptable. We need to start winning and other necessities will take care of themselves over time -- think Bennett at UVA. But we cannot afford to continue the current doldrums and apathy, it is not in anybody's interest.

Wes Miller Watch 2018-2019

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    The Childress connection is one of the reasons I expect Danny to at least finish the season, if not get another year. Wake is unlikely to put Randolph on the street before Brandon graduates.

If Randolph really wants to have a BB head coaching career, he needs to find a head coaching job at a midmajor or a top assistant job at another P6 BB school not in the ACC soon.
    If Wake doesnít fire Randolph at the end of this season, then Iím done. Heís a common feature of two of the worst seasons in program history. Heís gotta go.
    We're going to be good again.

Quote Originally Posted by DunkinDeacon View Post
    All we should care about is winning at this point. I was a fan of the Manning hire and he has taken us backwards with solid recruits. That is not acceptable. We need to start winning and other necessities will take care of themselves over time -- think Bennett at UVA. But we cannot afford to continue the current doldrums and apathy, it is not in anybody's interest.
    I was too. As stated before on these boards, I thought nba player and how much worse could he be............

Heard some rumors that said donor isnít all that keen on Wes coaching at Wake - would rather pump some $ into G facilities to improve that job/program and have Wes wait for the baby blue gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
    If Wake doesnít fire Randolph at the end of this season, then Iím done. Heís a common feature of two of the worst seasons in program history. Heís gotta go.
    Can't disagree with this. I hate it for Randolph but man, what a steaming pile it has become.

Quote Originally Posted by IamThunderbolt View Post
    Heard some rumors that said donor isnít all that keen on Wes coaching at Wake - would rather pump some $ into G facilities to improve that job/program and have Wes wait for the baby blue gig.
    Would you want to invest further into a board of trustees that tolerates Ron Wellman. I said 5 & 10 years ago we should jump on the Wes train before it departed the station. Itís departed. Only Wake alums are to blame.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Call us back when Wes beats a ranked team. Hell, he can't even beat Danny Manning.

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    It can't be a worse look than the current look...

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeForest Fan View Post
    Right on.

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Quote Originally Posted by donaldross View Post
    Would you want to invest further into a board of trustees that tolerates Ron Wellman. I said 5 & 10 years ago we should jump on the Wes train before it departed the station. Itís departed. Only Wake alums are to blame.
    Robodonald. How about at least changing up the schtik a little?