• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wes Miller Watch 2018-2019

At this point, not sure what separates us from Depaul or Rutgers as a job. Good conference, a decade of shit results.

The NBA players.

we still have recruits tweeting out stuff like this, from the days when we were relevant with an exciting atmosphere:

Public call out: For the handful of the people over the years, including today, who have sent PM's and left Pos/Negrep implying that "we" don't know the whole story, aren't privy to the truth and should stop opining; spill the damn beans. It's been 9 years, two massive failures at coach, a program on life support, and an AD on the way out. The statute of limitations has probably passed. What's keeping you from coming forward with the truth? Put up or shut the hell up.

Edit: This needs it's own thread:
https://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/30865-Call-out-thread-Spill-the-beans-on-Gaudio-[name%20redacted]

Last edited:
Does all that come out on top when weighed against Ron Wellman?

An incoming coach would see that Ron Wellman has a history of keeping coaches too long and allowing them to fail. If anything him being here also provides a sense of job security to an incoming coach.

An incoming coach would see that Ron Wellman has a history of keeping coaches too long and allowing them to fail. If anything him being here also provides a sense of job security to an incoming coach.

I see why that would appeal to a loser coach. I would think a competitive coach with a little moxy would prefer someone competent and who was not a huge twat to work for.

The program has proven it can win and compete -- and win big at times -- in our current conference. DePaul and Rutgers have not proven that

we still have recruits tweeting out stuff like this, from the days when we were relevant with an exciting atmosphere:

Skip is actually in that photo. That was a long-ass time ago.

Pretty sure it took considerably longer to hire Manning and Clawson. Obviously the postseason was still going on after [name redacted] and Grobe resigned but it was still a much longer process.

Grobe resigned on Dec 2 and Clawson was announced as the new coach on Dec 10.

Bz resigned on March 20 and Manning was hired on April 4.

Last edited:
Skip is actually in that photo. That was a long-ass time ago.

March 2, 2005 to be exact. That game was Senior Day for Downey, Levy, and Vytas. The next game was the nut punch game and the rest is history.

A good candidate looks like what Dave Clawson looked like. Started at a very small school (Fordham) and slowly moved up, sometimes totally rebuilding as was the case at Fordham and Richmond.

I think we should take a guy that has had success at more than one place regardless of size and has moved to a bigger school with each stop. Not exactly sure who that is, but he is out there.
Bingo. You win the board today.

I offer no proof, but the timeline seems to indicate he was damn near the top. Dino was fired in what was described at the time as a "hastily drawn news conference" on April 7th and [name redacted] was leaked as the front runner in the middle of the night on the 9th/10th, and officially announced on the 14th after he made his way to Winston. If anything, it sounds possible that Wellman could have reached out to [name redacted], found he was interested and then made the decision to fire Gaudio.

I'm sure others could have been contacted in that time, possibly by concerned folks in the AD or boosters, or just as a matter of due diligence. But Wellman was the only person with [name redacted] on his list...if [name redacted] wasn't at the top or damn near it, it makes zero sense that he was finalizing negotiations two days after Gaudio was fired.
The only logical thing here is the rumor of Dino sleeping with students was true. Why else would you fire Dino and then hone in on a loser like Bz? He was either a Les Robinson hire or Wellman is the biggest idiot in the history of the world. Both are equally possible I guess.

March 2, 2005 to be exact. That game was Senior Day for Downey, Levy, and Vytas. The next game was the nut punch game and the rest is history.

I didn’t realize that. That’s basically the end of the golden age of Wake basketball.

Back