• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wes Miller Watch 2018-2019

Steve Prohm, Kevin Willard, Porter Moser, and Rick Stansbury are more realistic options than Dana Altman and Matt Painter. Would love to have Kevin Willard.

Ed Cooley could maybe be an option.

I’m going to add these people on the list and rank them in TIERS as my personal options.

Does anyone pay enough attention to Buffalo to know if their success is the product of one really good player?

That's my concern with a guy with Nate's profile. He has certainly had the most success of anyone on the more realistic list.

Does anyone pay enough attention to Buffalo to know if their success is the product of one really good player?

That's my concern with a guy with Nate's profile. He has certainly had the most success of anyone on the more realistic list.

Just checking Kenpom, it seems like he’s had Nick Perkins and CJ Massinburg as big contributors since being freshman (his first year) and has older leadership on every team. The two mentioned are seniors this year and have been with Oats and Buffalo as significant conditions the past four years.

Steve Prohm, Kevin Willard, Porter Moser, and Rick Stansbury are more realistic options than Dana Altman and Matt Painter. Would love to have Kevin Willard.

Ed Cooley could maybe be an option.

I’m going to add these people on the list and rank them in TIERS as my personal options.

Stansbury - not a Wake guy
Willard - eh
Prohm - could be really promising, but what happened last year?
Moser - no, he's had two 0.500+ conference records in 15 years as a head coach

Stansbury - not a Wake guy
Willard - eh
Prohm - could be really promising, but what happened last year?
Moser - no, he's had two 0.500+ conference records in 15 years as a head coach

What do you mean on Stansbury? Don’t know too much about him outside of being a successful coach.

Prohm: yeah that was weird. His four years at Iowa State have been KP 20, 17, 103, 17. Also weird time at Murray State. In his four years he had one really good year followed by two not good, and finished with a good year (35, 131, 135, and 57 from 12-15).

I like Kevin Willard. Only 43 and has shown he can coach.

Would Willard leave Seton Hall for Wake? They've made the tournament three years in a row and have been shown to out-recruit Wake (see: Tyrese Samuel). He's also from the Northeast and has spent a lot of his career in the NY/NJ/Boston area. Any idea what his current salary is versus what we could offer?

Prom definitely looks like the best prospect based off of his win/lose record...

Ed Cooley is a definite no, why would you even want him? He has done nothing..

Personally I don't give a rat's ass whether he is a Wake guy or not... Geez, we want to win... It's probably better they are not a Wake guy.

We are an absolute dumpster fire at this time, DANNY MANNING SUCKS... I hate that we're always complaining about how bad we are.. We deserve better than this...

What do you mean on Stansbury? Don’t know too much about him outside of being a successful coach.

Prohm: yeah that was weird. His four years at Iowa State have been KP 20, 17, 103, 17. Also weird time at Murray State. In his four years he had one really good year followed by two not good, and finished with a good year (35, 131, 135, and 57 from 12-15).

I like Kevin Willard. Only 43 and has shown he can coach.

He's just a pretty sleezy recruiter type.

Willard had losing conference records in his first five seasons, and they have been good but not great since.

Per this article, he makes $1.6M, which is less than Manning: https://www.app.com/story/sports/co...-halls-kevin-willard-compare-peers/380231002/ . Don't care enough to figure out if he's had an extension / raise since then

No to Wes Miller—no Tarheels no matter what kind of Wake connections.

I’m so confused. Guy wanted to go to Wake. Railroaded by Wellman because his dad was a donor. The only lesson to take is don’t give to Wake. Goes to UNC without taking a scholarship (since they have smart people in charge). Starts National title game. Takes on ACC tourney doesn’t matter UNC mentality. Wears #22 in tribute to Randolph.

And we have to still deal with bozos like this? Unbelievable.

Of course the other giant elephant in the room is that Wake’s greatest coach ever in hoops went where for school? UNC of course.

And Dave Odom also didn’t go to the Final 4.

Wes could be at Wake for 30 years. He could build an empire. Someone please tell me we aren’t hiring a 55 year old yankee who would be our in 3 years with success.

Do you all want what Mike Kryzeswki has built at Duke after being hired so young?

I have heard some Wake fans say they don’t. The world needs ditch diggers too! And we are ditch diggers! Hard to believe Wake is a top 50 school. Graduates complete morons.

Do you all want what Mike Kryzeswki has built at Duke after being hired so young?

I have heard some Wake fans say they don’t. The world needs ditch diggers too! And we are ditch diggers! Hard to believe Wake is a top 50 school. Graduates complete morons.

Top 30.

Regardless of how much you do or don't like Wes Miller or where he ranks on your potential coaches list, can we all agree we would take him right now in a heartbeat instead of Manning?

Either Dave Odum or Skip Prosser’s son have proven to be competitive with one and two star players

Regardless of how much you do or don't like Wes Miller or where he ranks on your potential coaches list, can we all agree we would take him right now in a heartbeat instead of Manning?

Sure, but that's not how you make a coaching hire.

There are a lot of options better than Manning. The goal is to try to select the best candidate from that pool.

Let’s be clear: I’m questioning that. If we are a top 30 school, how come our alums are not smart? Why do we allow Ron Wellman to hold our athletic department hostage? To say we are powerless to stop this is silly. We have a BOT with Wake Forest graduates. They say no one is complaining besides me. We are not a good school.

Back