• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wes Miller Watch 2018-2019

Wes Miller talk, Manning vs. Bz arguments. This board has become so stale. We really need something new to talk about.

If he can't beat them, why would anyone expect him to beat other ACC coaches?

Wes is also 0fer against ranked teams.

I would be excited to see what Wes can do with ACC talent.

Could Nick Saban win against ranked opponents at Guilford College?

I don't want Wes either. Nate Oats is my guy, but he might get better offers than us this offseason.

Presumably when you coach for UNCG, you get UNCG talent. When you coach for Wake, you get ACC talent. They were leading at the half. Manning would have been down 30.

This is not all that complicated, RJ.

I don't want Wes either. Nate Oats is my guy, but he might get better offers than us this offseason.

For me, it does not have to be Wes, but it should be someone with a similar resume.

Presumably when you coach for UNCG, you get UNCG talent. When you coach for Wake, you get ACC talent. They were leading at the half. Manning would have been down 30.

That was the point I was making.

He beat NC State last year and took a ranked LSU to overtime like a week ago. Maybe you werent watching today, but UNCG led in Rupp for 35 minutes. Wes already has Mannings level of talent, and he's coaching it much more effectively.

For me, it does not have to be Wes, but it should be someone with a similar resume.

Being barely above .500 for eight years?

Never beating a ranked team?

Losing to Wake five times during our lost decade?

He beat NC State last year and took a ranked LSU to overtime like a week ago. Maybe you werent watching today, but UNCG led in Rupp for 35 minutes. Wes already has Mannings level of talent, and he's coaching it much more effectively.

And lost by 17 today....he can't beat Danny or [redacted]....

Being barely above .500 for eight years?

Never beating a ranked team?

Losing to Wake five times during our lost decade?

You're a moron. You deserve Danny Manning. The rest of us don't.

If we ever do a coach search that only includes chatting with and hiring Wes Miller we are born fools. He may be the best we can get. Maybe not. No one runs a decent enterprise with a laser focus on one possibility.

Wes Miller has done enough to be a legitimate candidate for the Wake job.

At best, Wes should be our fifth choice. His resume is dramatically weaker than Grant's, Kelsey's, Matta's and Musselman's. That's just off the top of my head.

At best, Wes should be our fifth choice. His resume is dramatically weaker than Grant's, Kelsey's, Matta's and Musselman's. That's just off the top of my head.

Do you honestly think any of those guys would be interested in the Wake job right now? I agree Wake should look at several good candidates, but the job isnt likely to be attractive to a lot of coaches.

I don’t know who out there is the best coach option for Wake, but I DO know that I don’t want RW making the choice. THAT would be progress.

Back