• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wes Miller Watch 2018-2019

It would be foolish not to consider Wes Miller. There may be better choices, but he should be in the mix.

Hiring the son of one of the biggest basketball donors is a pretty bad look unless he’s obviously the best candidate.

Hiring the son of one of the biggest basketball donors is a pretty bad look unless he’s obviously the best candidate.

if he wins, who gives a shit. and does it really matter either way? "take a look around you Ellen!! we're at the threshold of hell!!" :D

if he wins, who gives a shit. and does it really matter either way? "take a look around you Ellen!! we're at the threshold of hell!!" :D

The "if he wins" is the big IF. Why would anyone claim bias in the selection process if the coach wins? If he wins, then the selection process self-validates. The issue with the donor connection comes (and grows) is he doesn't win.

manning isn't winning. i'm just saying a pile of poop biscuits is a better option at this point. if the donors care about the connection they are part of the problem. wes miller is a legit candidate for a major coaching job. he won't be at UNCG much longer. not hiring him because of "connections" is D U M B

It’ll be offset by firing one of our greatest basketball alums while his son is still on the team.

Or by firing our head coach and his son.

Plenty of nepotism to go around!

The Brotherhood? Nah. Wake Forest Basketball is a family. Literally.

It’ll be offset by firing one of our greatest basketball alums while his son is still on the team.

Or by firing our head coach and his son.

Plenty of nepotism to go around!

The Brotherhood? Nah. Wake Forest Basketball is a family. Literally.

The Childress connection is one of the reasons I expect Danny to at least finish the season, if not get another year. Wake is unlikely to put Randolph on the street before Brandon graduates.

If Randolph really wants to have a BB head coaching career, he needs to find a head coaching job at a midmajor or a top assistant job at another P6 BB school not in the ACC soon.

All we should care about is winning at this point. I was a fan of the Manning hire and he has taken us backwards with solid recruits. That is not acceptable. We need to start winning and other necessities will take care of themselves over time -- think Bennett at UVA. But we cannot afford to continue the current doldrums and apathy, it is not in anybody's interest.

The Childress connection is one of the reasons I expect Danny to at least finish the season, if not get another year. Wake is unlikely to put Randolph on the street before Brandon graduates.

If Randolph really wants to have a BB head coaching career, he needs to find a head coaching job at a midmajor or a top assistant job at another P6 BB school not in the ACC soon.

If Wake doesn’t fire Randolph at the end of this season, then I’m done. He’s a common feature of two of the worst seasons in program history. He’s gotta go.

All we should care about is winning at this point. I was a fan of the Manning hire and he has taken us backwards with solid recruits. That is not acceptable. We need to start winning and other necessities will take care of themselves over time -- think Bennett at UVA. But we cannot afford to continue the current doldrums and apathy, it is not in anybody's interest.

I was too. As stated before on these boards, I thought nba player and how much worse could he be............

:sick:

Heard some rumors that said donor isn’t all that keen on Wes coaching at Wake - would rather pump some $ into G facilities to improve that job/program and have Wes wait for the baby blue gig.

If Wake doesn’t fire Randolph at the end of this season, then I’m done. He’s a common feature of two of the worst seasons in program history. He’s gotta go.

Can't disagree with this. I hate it for Randolph but man, what a steaming pile it has become.

Heard some rumors that said donor isn’t all that keen on Wes coaching at Wake - would rather pump some $ into G facilities to improve that job/program and have Wes wait for the baby blue gig.

Would you want to invest further into a board of trustees that tolerates Ron Wellman. I said 5 & 10 years ago we should jump on the Wes train before it departed the station. It’s departed. Only Wake alums are to blame.

Call us back when Wes beats a ranked team. Hell, he can't even beat Danny Manning.

Would you want to invest further into a board of trustees that tolerates Ron Wellman. I said 5 & 10 years ago we should jump on the Wes train before it departed the station. It’s departed. Only Wake alums are to blame.

Robodonald. How about at least changing up the schtik a little?

Back