Page 1 of 27 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes Miller Watch 2018-2019

Hybrid View

Wes Miller Watch 2018-2019

Pulling for Wake to hire Wes Miller after Danny is fired this spring

His UNCG Spartans are off to a fast 6-1 start (soon to be 7-1 later tonight) with their only loss being a 6-pt loss @ surprise upstart LSU

UNCG started the season ranked 93 by Kenpom (versus Wake @ 94) and now find themselves ranked 66 (versus Wake at 127) - could coaching be the difference here???

Big game on Saturday 12/1 @ #10 Kentucky

Get em Wes!

Francis Alonso is an amazing college player. He would be an extra bonus as a graduate transfer if we are smart enough to land Wes. They are really, really good. So is Furman.

Alonso is a baller, but he wonít have any eligibility left to play a 5th year. He scored 31 last year when they got beat by Manningís Deacs.

biggest question mark with millerís track record (which is good) is that all of his success has come with alonso leading the team. wish we had a chance to see how well the team does next year once he graduates.

Iím going to start a thread tomorrow of a ďwatchĒ for a few possible coaching candidates with weekly/biweekly updates on games, kenpom stats, and other news (recruiting, etc.).

Pat Kelsey
    Earl Grant
    Nate Oats
    Wes Miller

Any others I should include?

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteDeac1 View Post
    Iím going to start a thread tomorrow of a ďwatchĒ for a few possible coaching candidates with weekly/biweekly updates on games, kenpom stats, and other news (recruiting, etc.).

Pat Kelsey
    Earl Grant
    Nate Oats
    Wes Miller

A webcam of Thad Matta sitting on his couch?

Pat Kelsey
    Earl Grant
    Nate Oats
    Wes Miller

Brian Wardle

Quote Originally Posted by WFU Lurker View Post
    Brian Wardle
    Interesting, hadnít thought of him. I can add him in if youíd like.

Interesting, hadnít thought of him. I can add him in if youíd like.
    He has an interesting profile. He has been a head coach for 9 years but is only 39. His teams have gotten better pretty much every year. At Bradley, his first team was 323rd in Kenpom, right now they stand at 102nd with wins over SMU and Penn State. He has also recruited at a big time program (Marquette under Crean). The big con is he hasn't broken through to the tournament yet, and he has only worked in the midwest.

Quote Originally Posted by WFU Lurker View Post
    He has an interesting profile. He has been a head coach for 9 years but is only 39. His teams have gotten better pretty much every year. At Bradley, his first team was 323rd in Kenpom, right now they stand at 102nd with wins over SMU and Penn State. He has also recruited at a big time program (Marquette under Crean). The big con is he hasn't broken through to the tournament yet, and he has only worked in the midwest.
    Iíll add him in there.

I checked Bradleyís Kenpom after you mentioned him and was impressed.

Either Dave Odum or Skip Prosserís son have proven to be competitive with one and two star players

Pat Kelsey
    Earl Grant
    Nate Oats
    Wes Miller

Ryan Odom- great record but only 3 years as a head coach. If he puts together another conference title and NCAA run he certainly would warrant consideration.
    Steve Forbes (ETSU)- guy may not be an option due to Bruce Pearl ties, but also has Gregg Marshall ties. 204-62 as a head coach and only 53. Has both recruited at a high level (SEC) as an assistant and proven to be an ultra-successful head coach. Not sure why he isn't getting mentioned anywhere. His record is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by 89deac View Post
    Ryan Odom- great record but only 3 years as a head coach. If he puts together another conference title and NCAA run he certainly would warrant consideration.
    Steve Forbes (ETSU)- guy may not be an option due to Bruce Pearl ties, but also has Gregg Marshall ties. 204-62 as a head coach and only 53. Has both recruited at a high level (SEC) as an assistant and proven to be an ultra-successful head coach. Not sure why he isn't getting mentioned anywhere. His record is ridiculous.
    I'll add them on the list this afternoon. I'll also add Thad Matta's time at OSU as well.

Sheikh of Smoke
    At this point, I'd be fine with Mark Prosser.

Quote Originally Posted by tsywake View Post
    At this point, I'd be fine with Mark Prosser.
    at this point iíd be fine with skip

Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    at this point iíd be fine with skip
    I'd be fine with weekend at Bernie's Skip over Manning

Wake should go after Pete Bell. He did great for the Western University Dolphins

Ron Cottrell. Already proven this season that he can win in our off campus arena.

Um, no. Not just to him but most on these lists.
    Thad Matta is your first call.
    Kick tires on Matt Painter, Dana Altman, and Ben Howland.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopla View Post
    Um, no. Not just to him but most on these lists.
    Thad Matta is your first call.
    Kick tires on Matt Painter, Dana Altman, and Ben Howland.
    Thad Mattís yeah.

Matt Painter and Dana Altman, besides the fact of ďwhy would they leave Purdue and Oregon to come to wake forestĒ, are making more than Danny is currently. By a significant margin.

Earl grant and Nate Oats would both be good hires imo.