Page 1 of 26 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 515

Thread: Wes Miller Watch 2018-2019

  1. #1

    Wes Miller Watch 2018-2019

    Pulling for Wake to hire Wes Miller after Danny is fired this spring

    His UNCG Spartans are off to a fast 6-1 start (soon to be 7-1 later tonight) with their only loss being a 6-pt loss @ surprise upstart LSU

    UNCG started the season ranked 93 by Kenpom (versus Wake @ 94) and now find themselves ranked 66 (versus Wake at 127) - could coaching be the difference here???

    Big game on Saturday 12/1 @ #10 Kentucky

    Get em Wes!


  2. #2
    Francis Alonso is an amazing college player. He would be an extra bonus as a graduate transfer if we are smart enough to land Wes. They are really, really good. So is Furman.

  3. #3
    Alonso is a baller, but he won’t have any eligibility left to play a 5th year. He scored 31 last year when they got beat by Manning’s Deacs.

  4. #4
    biggest question mark with miller’s track record (which is good) is that all of his success has come with alonso leading the team. wish we had a chance to see how well the team does next year once he graduates.

  5. #5
    I’m going to start a thread tomorrow of a “watch” for a few possible coaching candidates with weekly/biweekly updates on games, kenpom stats, and other news (recruiting, etc.).

    Pat Kelsey
    Earl Grant
    Nate Oats
    Wes Miller

    Any others I should include?

  6. #6
    Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    DeacsATS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    5,252
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteDeac1 View Post
    I’m going to start a thread tomorrow of a “watch” for a few possible coaching candidates with weekly/biweekly updates on games, kenpom stats, and other news (recruiting, etc.).

    Pat Kelsey
    Earl Grant
    Nate Oats
    Wes Miller

    Any others I should include?
    A webcam of Thad Matta sitting on his couch?

  7. #7
    Sheikh of Smoke
    tsywake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Grassy Knoll, NC
    Posts
    25,786
    At this point, I'd be fine with Mark Prosser.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteDeac1 View Post
    I’m going to start a thread tomorrow of a “watch” for a few possible coaching candidates with weekly/biweekly updates on games, kenpom stats, and other news (recruiting, etc.).

    Pat Kelsey
    Earl Grant
    Nate Oats
    Wes Miller

    Any others I should include?
    Brian Wardle

  9. #9
    Wake should go after Pete Bell. He did great for the Western University Dolphins

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by WFU Lurker View Post
    Brian Wardle
    Interesting, hadn’t thought of him. I can add him in if you’d like.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteDeac1 View Post
    Interesting, hadn’t thought of him. I can add him in if you’d like.
    He has an interesting profile. He has been a head coach for 9 years but is only 39. His teams have gotten better pretty much every year. At Bradley, his first team was 323rd in Kenpom, right now they stand at 102nd with wins over SMU and Penn State. He has also recruited at a big time program (Marquette under Crean). The big con is he hasn't broken through to the tournament yet, and he has only worked in the midwest.

  12. #12
    Ron Cottrell. Already proven this season that he can win in our off campus arena.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by WFU Lurker View Post
    He has an interesting profile. He has been a head coach for 9 years but is only 39. His teams have gotten better pretty much every year. At Bradley, his first team was 323rd in Kenpom, right now they stand at 102nd with wins over SMU and Penn State. He has also recruited at a big time program (Marquette under Crean). The big con is he hasn't broken through to the tournament yet, and he has only worked in the midwest.
    I’ll add him in there.

    I checked Bradley’s Kenpom after you mentioned him and was impressed.

  14. #14
    Um, no. Not just to him but most on these lists.
    Thad Matta is your first call.
    Kick tires on Matt Painter, Dana Altman, and Ben Howland.

  15. #15
    Watching the N.C. State score really drives home how much keeping manning cost us.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopla View Post
    Um, no. Not just to him but most on these lists.
    Thad Matta is your first call.
    Kick tires on Matt Painter, Dana Altman, and Ben Howland.
    Thad Matt’s yeah.

    Matt Painter and Dana Altman, besides the fact of “why would they leave Purdue and Oregon to come to wake forest”, are making more than Danny is currently. By a significant margin.

    Earl grant and Nate Oats would both be good hires imo.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopla View Post
    Um, no. Not just to him but most on these lists.
    Thad Matta is your first call.
    Kick tires on Matt Painter, Dana Altman, and Ben Howland.
    Not unless there is a Brinks truck full of cash.

    It's time to go young and cheap.

  18. #18
    ^^ yup.

    I’d include assistants and associate head coaches but tracking team success for them is not necessarily as meaningful as head coaches.

    Earl Grant has been an assistant for both Wichita State and Clemson.

    Nate Oats’ coaching history is weird but has been successful and consistently improved every year at Buffalo in his four years.

  19. #19
    The Pumpfaker zqglass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clemmons, NC
    Posts
    2,815
    WES MILLER 2019
    beer and titties

  20. #20

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •