• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Wolford drafted (sort of)

That is cool. Maybe a sign we’re going to the First Responders Bowl

Last night was the AAF Quarterback draft, where teams could either protect a QB that they held the rights to or draft a QB that was not protected. Original rosters were based off of geographic proximity of player as it correlates with teams. The Hotshots drafted QB Trevor Knight, formerly of OU and A&M, who was practice squad for ATL and ARZ, in the first round and took John in the 2nd round.

The Hotshots are coached by Rick Neuheisel, who seems to be looking for short QBs who can tote the rock.

Sunday night baby! NFL Network for John and the Hotshots:

https://aaf.com/hotshots-training-camp-review

I had to look it up because I couldn't remember if this was the XFL venture (it's not). There's a smattering of football leagues popping up,

Alliance of American Football (2019)
Freedom Football League (planned and financed by Ricky Williams, TO, and Jeff Garcia among others)
Pacific Pro Football (2020)
XFL (2020)

Was hoping that Arizona was playing in Atlanta, but it's the other way around.
Looks like John is really impressing folks (no surprise) and should get a fair amount of playing time.
Think his RPO skills are well suited for this league.

Was hoping that Arizona was playing in Atlanta, but it's the other way around.
Looks like John is really impressing folks (no surprise) and should get a fair amount of playing time.
Think his RPO skills are well suited for this league.

If he gets a chance and plays really well here, it could open the door to a legitimate camp invite this fall.

Can’t promise I’ll watch but I think an NFL minor league could work if the NFL was willing to invest in it. They could do a winter league to prepare for camps and a fall league with limited transactions similar to the G-League.

tenor.gif

Bump this back up a bit: Wolford will start Sunday night's game. He won a training camp QB battle. Shocking for this board, I'm sure (sarcasm). I'll have a story on him sometime later today or tomorrow.

I’ll be watching Atlanta tonight and Arizona tomorrow night.

Arizona is the favorite to win the championship at 5/2.

Jim Grobe is the Defensive Coordinator/Inside linebackers Coach for the San Antonio Commanders. They play the San Diego Fleet tonight.

Back